DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many drones do you own?

I own nine (9) drones and the MP is the only one I did not build myself either from scratch or a frame kit. There are 3 hexes, all carrying gimbaled GoPros, 1 tri-copter and 4 quads of various sizes and for various purposes. They all fly, but since I got the MP over a year ago, I've had no reason to fly the others.

The heavy lifter hex 960 is, however, about to be called into service again to scatter the cremated remains of a recently deceased family member.as well as those of her Great Dane who passed right after.

New question. Why do we own so many? They all do essentially the same thing.
I have two, but would like several more, I just can't pull the purchase trigger without thinking I've lost my mind.

ive set back 2500 for more toys but now find myself waiting till the new toys comes out
waiting is so hard.

New question. Why do we own so many? They all do essentially the same thing.

Not at all. FPV racing drones, cheapie crash’m learning drones, small selfie drones, cinematography drones (mostly DJI with basic to Studio level), and the type I’m most interested in, autonomous self follow drones.

I have a Mavic and just ordered a Staaker (autonomous Follow drone). The only way I can even get the Mavic to reliably self follow via relative barometer-GPS tracking (forget Active-lost-you-again-image-track) is with the Autopilot app and stuffing my controller-IPhone into a bulky waterproof/impactproof case. Even then Autopilot limits how close the drone will fly and the Mavic is limited to OA-off air speeds of around 27- 30 mph. It works well on something like a road or mountain bike if the wind isn’t crazy, but no way on a kiteboard with a 20 knot ground speeds in 20 knot winds.

There’s a whole big world out there beyond your average FPV cinematography drone. Awesome to see new companies like Skydio breaking new ground with some amazing cutting edge autonomous Follow drones

Last edited:
I feel like an amateur! Only got an MP and then a Spark for no other reason than I could! I’ve owned 4 Parrot drones previously before upgrading to grown up DJI’s!

P3P
Mavic Pro
Spark
Eachine Racing Drone 250 w/goggles
H2O toy
Hubsan H501s

I’m 107 certified.
Go to drone for serious video is still the P3P.
Mavic gets some professional use with DroneDeploy
Spark for quickie video and stills when the client only wants 1080p raw footage on the SD card
Racer, Hubsan and H2O for honing non gps skills

Only one left on the wish list:
Inspire 2 with 7s camera but it will wait until clients have paid me enough to justify it.

Oh yeah. Just bought an 2017 iMac that is maxed out (hardware and software), solely to edit 4K drone footage and Photoshop photography.

4 Hubsan H501S standard and advanced
1 Vifly r220
1 250 Racer
2 XK X252
3 Hubsan H502E
1 Hubsan H502S
2 DJI Phantom 3 Standard
1 DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
1 DJI Phantom 4
2 DJI Mavic Pro

Kind of jealous to see so many of you got a lot of drones. As a newbie, i began to fly a cheap toy drone, and i feel like, this kind of hobby is the same like a bike rider or a superbike enthusiast, it is all begin to ride a low specs engine like 150cc then 300cc, 500cc, 1000cc, etc.

After searching around the net, my next drone would be Syma, yep, still newbie drone i guess, maybe i guess between Syma X5C or Syma X5C-1. I still cannot decide yet.

I still not convince yet to get a flagship drone from DJI like Mavic, yes it is still my top choice, i guess after i crashed everywhere with my toy drone, it is time to learn a big dimension or bigger size drone. I am not focusing solely on drone as hobby, i got many things or hobby to do as well, i think it is best for me not too rush to throw thousand of dollars to buy a pro ones.

Kind of jealous to see so many of you got a lot of drones. As a newbie, i began to fly a cheap toy drone, and i feel like, this kind of hobby is the same like a bike rider or a superbike enthusiast, it is all begin to ride a low specs engine like 150cc then 300cc, 500cc, 1000cc, etc.

After searching around the net, my next drone would be Syma, yep, still newbie drone i guess, maybe i guess between Syma X5C or Syma X5C-1. I still cannot decide yet.

I still not convince yet to get a flagship drone from DJI like Mavic, yes it is still my top choice, i guess after i crashed everywhere with my toy drone, it is time to learn a big dimension or bigger size drone. I am not focusing solely on drone as hobby, i got many things or hobby to do as well, i think it is best for me not too rush to throw thousand of dollars to buy a pro ones.

Don't sweat it mate! I am relatively new to the hobby as well (have my Mavic for 11 months now), but I already can see how you can poor your entire income and some more into this hobby. In that aspect it is like normal photography; there is always something better, newer, cooler and more expensive to be found. At a certain point you'll have to make do with what you are comfortable to spend.

During the last month, I found myself evening after evening looking at unboxing videos and reviews of the Spark and the Mavic Air. Do I need them? Not at all, my Mavic Pro is quite ideal for what I want to do with a drone. Do I want them? YESYESYESYESOHGODYES!!! Luckily I have been able to restrain myself so far, but I am afraid that when the Mavic Pro II arrives, I'll have spent my money before the keynote is finished... :)

Its a sickness really. I should sell some of the ones I rarely use. I still have a couple that are new in the box (good deals). I did start out with the Syma X5C, that is a great beginners drone!

My complete fleet:

-Phantom 3 standard
-Mavic Pro Platinum
-Xiaomi mi 4k
-Hubsan H107C+
-MJX X Series

Reactions: Former Member
Tello
Spark
Mavic Air
Mavic Pro
Phantom 4 Pro
A piece of crap tiny thing that I can't get to fly that my wife bought me at the Dollar Store as a joke

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb