DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Many Have Lost their Mavic Pro Platinum This Year 2018

How Many Have Lost their Mavic Pro Platinum This Year 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i just did the latest firmware update v4 1.22 3037 and after saying it was ready i flew for maybe 5 minutes and the drone fell out of the sky, damage to gimbal and one arm. It is now unflyable, ill call dji on monday and see if my extended warranty will cover it. Since posting this, I went back on my logs and now see that "motor current error, check your propellers and fly with caution" was coming up, many times in the 3 minute flight but I didn't see it, since I was looking at the drone. Wonder why I didn't get a loud audio alert for this? Anyway, so this is more info for you guys. Do you think this is warranty or I have to use my insurance to cover the damage
They’ll probably use your insurance.

Reactions: kentlim26
Ok, so Im impressed how I was taken care of. Read my post above. Sent drone back to dji, uploaded 3 minute flight record and within a few days they determined the $355 damage was warranty covered. Should get drone back on friday. Im being told to take of kind of slow and don't just go right into sport mode and fly fast. Any body see this theme?

Reactions: ToddR
Ok, so Im impressed how I was taken care of. Read my post above. Sent drone back to dji, uploaded 3 minute flight record and within a few days they determined the $355 damage was warranty covered. Should get drone back on friday. Im being told to take of kind of slow and don't just go right into sport mode and fly fast. Any body see this theme?
I've noticed that every time I use Sport mode from initial take off, that I get the dreaded "motor overcurrent error check props, blah, blah, blah". But when I fly slowly for about 5 minutes, then shift to Sport mode I don't get the error no matter how aggressive I fly.

I lost my on December 31, 2017... It's under investigation since 04 January 2018... Cause unknown, definitely not pilot error. I am still waiting to hear from DJI. :(

There should be an option on the vote for "haven't lost it (yet)". Would be an interesting stat to see compared to the others.

its always very rare that its pilot error but ill likely be the one to break that record.
lost mine it did not respond to my commands like it had a mind of its own gps was on ,return home was on still it never came back