DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many hours and mileage do you have on your drone?

I have had the Air 2, Air 2S and the Mavic 3
87.1h 206km 463 Flights
As you can tell by my stats I fly frequently but not far :).
I got my first drone in Sept 2020 and I primarily use the drone for photography and only do the occasional video, which is why I kept upgrading purely for the photo quality.

I am also pretty cautious, most of my flights are over the sea or waterways and I like to keep the drone in sight.
No crashes although I have lost connection a couple of times which gets the heart pumping and adds a few more grey hairs. I especially love sending the drone out to capture the sunrise over the water after checking the wind conditions and it saves me lugging all my camera gear up the beach to the rock platforms, which was getting harder with arthritis.

Sunrise yesterday at Avoca Beach, NSW, Australia

View attachment 157327
Now THAT is a beautiful picture! An awesome sunrise. Would be a great wall poster.

Thank you, I am loving the Mavic 3.
Looked at it on my iPhone first. Just now on the big tablet. Wow the resolution even across the Internet is amazing.
Yes I fly the M3 also since last August. Like holding something out of Star Trek if you think about it. Seems like both the M3 capability and camera capability was science fiction even a decade also. Science fantasy incredible 2 decades ago. Imagine what a Mavic will be like in another 10 years!
Oops back on topic. I mainly do long distance flying on my M3 now and my MA2 before I got this M3. Am over 1800 miles (2897Km) on my DJI profile, all flown since July 2021. I posted further up in this thread my profile screenshot. Max flight ever on the MA2 was 11.5 miles (18.5Km) in a single charge flight, LOS loops. Did 17.6 miles (28.3Km) on the M3 but I plan to better that once I can get back up into high altitudes again like Colorado and Wyoming or northern Arizona. Can fly much longer distances at higher altitude. I travel all 48 states so I can get up there every couple months, weather depending.

Safe Flying,
KI5RLL

All of you have certainly flown you Mav3's much more than I have. I only fly recreation and usually don't fly with more than just one battery, occasionally two, but not for long on the second batt. When I fly I try to get in and out, film or photograph things that look interesting then leave. I guess I'm paranoid.

The longer I stay flying, it becomes inevitable that I am approached by someone. 90% of the time it's usually people who are curious and supportive of the hobby. Most want a drone themselves.

The rest, the other 10% are usually people who had bad experiences with other drone pilots buzzing them or flying recklessly near them. The other 5% of the 10% is some sort of community government employee and occasionally law enforcement.

Law Enforcement interections have become exceptionally rare as of late. I guess the more drone flyers and LE's increased understanding of the FAA rules is reducing my contact with them.

Has anyone else notice cops ignoring drones more often than in the past?

1669047883781.png

Droning has become one of my main hobbies and the camera that I enjoy the most, I had a Mini2, an Air2S (selled), a Lite+ (returned) and a Mavic 3; I'd like to get the Avata, to train FPV and close to obstacles flying, but I'm waiting for a bundle with the proper controller and the new goggles.

In the long run, I'd like to pick up a VTOL, but are quite marginal atm.

I live in the countryside under uncontrolled airspace, so I usually just fly from my garden. Of course I also like to fly on new places and always take my drone whenever I go out.

Last edited:
View attachment 157384

Droning has become one of my main hobbies and the camera that I enjoy the most, I had a Mini2, an Air2S (selled), a Lite+ (returned) and a Mavic 3; I'd like to get the Avata, to train FPV and close to obstacles flying, but I'm waiting for a bundle with the proper controller and the new goggles.

In the long run, I'd like to pick up a VTOL, but are quite marginal atm.

I live in the countryside under uncontrolled airspace, so I usually just fly from my garden. Of course I also like to fly on new places and always take my drone whenever I go out.
I to would love getting a VTOL someday. There Flight time is astounding.

Mavic pro

Attachments

• 44B6A0CD-1834-417C-AE31-6FC2E2D04023.png
    44B6A0CD-1834-417C-AE31-6FC2E2D04023.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Just started flying a couple weeks ago. Not too many hours yet.

How many hours are Dji drone lasting?

Do you send it to DJI for any preventative maintenance?

Attachments

• IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2
Just started flying a couple weeks ago. Not too many hours yet.

How many hours are Dji drone lasting?

Do you send it to DJI for any preventative maintenance?
3505E41A-1543-4418-BBC7-CC970FE2C579.png
About half of this on my MA2 and the second half on my M3. Friend I sold the MA2 to has flown it another 500 or so as of a month or so ago. I often fly well over 100 miles in a day on the M3.
I do often fly multiple 14-16 miles single flights back to back.
These Mavics fly a very long time and distance. They are incredible machines ask any Mavic owner. Basic good maintenance. Have not heard of anyone sending one in for maintenance. That is really up to pilot owner. I posted a good thread on in-depth inspection of aging Mavics before but can’t remember the thread title or date.
Just being really conscious and watching/listening to your craft goes a long way in keeping it flying top safety and condition. Thorough pre-flight and post-flight inspections (required anyway). Replacing damaged props. I use a magnifying glass, remove the props, and look at the magnetic coils in the motor housing to watch for any peeling of the varnish on the copper. Or bubbling or soot. Or other signs of running too hot too long. Very carefully turn and feel your motor bearings. And arm shafts. Really do in-depth inspections for issues at set distance/hour intervals. Catch problems early to avoid bigger problems. (A chipped prop causes imbalance, shaking the motor bearing or mount to damage, shaking craft arm mount to damage, shaking to damage the gimbal, and rest of chassis. Leading to bigger and worse damage.)
Best wishes on lots of long and safe flying on your well-maintained Mavic. 😀

View attachment 163766
About half of this on my MA2 and the second half on my M3. Friend I sold the MA2 to has flown it another 500 or so as of a month or so ago. I often fly well over 100 miles in a day on the M3.
These Mavics fly a very long time and distance. They are incredible machines ask any Mavic owner. Basic good maintenance. Have not heard of anyone sending one in for maintenance. That is really up to pilot owner. I posted a good thread on in-depth inspection of aging Mavics before but can’t remember the thread title or date.
Just being really conscious and watching/listening to your craft goes a long way in keeping it flying top safety and condition. Thorough pre-flight and post-flight inspections (required anyway). Replacing damaged props. I use a magnifying glass, remove the props, and look at the magnetic coils in the motor housing to watch for any peeling of the varnish on the copper. Or bubbling or soot. Or other signs of running too hot too long. Very carefully turn and feel your motor bearings. And arm shafts. Really do in-depth inspections for issues at set distance/hour intervals. Catch problems early to avoid bigger problems. (A chipped prop causes imbalance, shaking the motor bearing or mount to damage, shaking craft arm mount to damage, shaking to damage the gimbal, and rest of chassis. Leading to bigger and worse damage.)

Excellent post, thanks!

I am trying to get in the habit of inspecting the drone and propellers before each flight as well as hovering head height to get use to the sounds and sights (before flying off) to hear and see any abnormalities.

Hi guys. I was looking at my stats on dji fly and I've reached 1038km(644 Miles) and 68 hours of flight. And I was wondering it is a lot or just a little, so I thought it would be fun to ask you about your statistics. How many miles and hours do you have on your drone? Speed Test
I could try myself, but it would be easier if you just explained the steps to get to that info. Does DJI keep it on their servers?

Last edited:
View attachment 163766
How did you get that screen with miles on it? Even though I have the settings set to imperial, the flight data still shows metric
I have 130 flights, 13.2 hours, and 279km and under device management it shows 100 miles/8.03 hours on the Mini 2 SE and 72.5 miles/5.16 hours on the Mini 4 Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
How did you get that screen with miles on it? Even though I have the settings set to imperial, the flight data still shows metric
I have 130 flights, 13.2 hours, and 279km and under device management it shows 100 miles/8.03 hours on the Mini 2 SE and 72.5 miles/5.16 hours on the Mini 4 Pro
Open DJI Fly app. Touch Profile at the bottom. It opens your profile page. Click “More >” below your total miles/KM on left side. Give it a minute or more to populate your flights. You can adjust ascending or descending order from the columns of data (date, distance, altitude, duration.). Make sure it had time to populate your known flights.
I am still flying the Mavic 3, on the DJI RC. And still have the RCN1 controller. I use the RCN1 to fly with my iPad. Or iPhone. But the DJI RC has its own screen.
Are you flying the DJI RCN1 or DJI RC? Flying on your phone or tablet screen with the RCN1? Apple or Android? Need the most current firmware for ALL 3 devices—the craft, the RC, and your DJI Fly app. The DJI RC (screen included) does have documented problems staying on Metric although Imperial shows in the settings.
The setting to Imperial vs. Metric are done in the settings screen in the DJI Fly app, done with the craft connected and sitting on. Once connected, hit the 3 little dots in the upper right on the fly screen (with camera view as background.)
We can walk you through each step from there but I think you already know that part.
Attached my current flight logs summary. 3254 miles shown and you see the hours and flights. I’ve done around 30 miles over this but didn’t WiFi the RC to upload those logs yet.
Please feel free to ask us anything else you need.

Mike
FCC: KI5RLL Operator
FAA Pt. 107 Pilot
FAA Pt. 107 Administrator
FAASTeam Representative
FAA Registered DronePro
FEMA Logistics Asset
NOAA SKYWARN weather reporter/spotter

Attachments

• IMG_9717.png
    IMG_9717.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 4