DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Many Mini-2 Batteries do you Have?

I've read that leaving the batteries inside the charger is a bad idea as it stops the "intelligent" batteries of discharging automatically to a "safe" level (although this problem may have been fixed since then with a firmware update)
They already fixed that in firmware update AFAIK.

Reactions: Freddy K
firmware update AFAIK
I googled this Update and I've searched for it on line at the DJI Forum Web site and I find no information. But how does this firmware update change anything about the way the Hub or the Smart Battery responds?

You are an Australian, is it possible it was an update only for a geographical area, the way Version 1.6.6. only gives Japanese Mini 2s an update for Remote ID? My USA Mini 2 lost it's RID entry in the Menu a while back (it had been disabled, but the entry was there...)

I googled this Update and I've searched for it on line at the DJI Forum Web site and I find no information. But how does this firmware update change anything about the way the Hub or the Smart Battery responds?

You are an Australian, is it possible it was an update only for a geographical area, the way Version 1.6.6. only gives Japanese Mini 2s an update for Remote ID? My USA Mini 2 lost it's RID entry in the Menu a while back (it had been disabled, but the entry was there...)
Ok, I've found some more info and it seems to have been fixed in ACFT Firmware update Ver 01.03.0000, contoller Firmware update Ver. 04.11.0016, dated 16 June 2021...

I still do not know how it updates the battery or the hub... I never saw any entry that told me to swap batteries so the batteries firmware could be updated...

Reactions: eva2000
Ok, I've found some more info
This is a Follow-On to my previous posting, I'm hoping to put the issue of Self Discharging Smart Batteries discharging properly while the Battery is installed in the Drone or the charging Hub to bed…

DJI did fix this with Firmware Update Version 01.03.0000, dated 16 June 2021. And as long as your Drone is running this version or higher, your batteries will be "Optimized" (their word…). I just checked to make sure my Mini 2 was using this or higher and she was running Version 01.05.0000 (so it's higher, Woohoo!!!)

The Release note follows…

release notes.png

The Update refers users to the User Manual for more information and I found this on page 21, of the Mini 2 User Manual, Version 1.4, dated June 2021.

Fixed.png

So, I hope this puts the issue to bed and I will say, "Good Night…"

Last edited:
Reactions: eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d