DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much for Mavic 3t with accessories

jrmoultrie

Reactions
Hi all, brand new here. I recently bought a Mavic 3t with the 3 additional batteries and charger, a helipad, and the jz gimbal spotlight. I intended to use this drone for deer recovery and had approval from 2 law enforcement officers, but now it is in the state attorneys hands for approval. If he denies it, I’ll have no use for this drone so I’m wondering how much I could get out of it. It was purchased on 02/07/23 and has 8hrs. 3 mins of flight time. Thanks for your response.

Hi all, brand new here. I recently bought a Mavic 3t with the 3 additional batteries and charger, a helipad, and the jz gimbal spotlight. I intended to use this drone for deer recovery and had approval from 2 law enforcement officers, but now it is in the state attorneys hands for approval. If he denies it, I’ll have no use for this drone so I’m wondering how much I could get out of it. It was purchased on 02/07/23 and has 8hrs. 3 mins of flight time. Thanks for your response.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is illegal to use drones for hunting in TN

Read more, here

TENNESSEE WILDLIFE COMMISSION: HUNTING WITH DRONES IS NOW ILLEGAL

How much you can get will vary. It is no longer considered new but used and like vehicles will have depreciated.
You can check retailers like eBay to see if there are any listed to give you an idea. You can also post in the Classified section of this forum once you have been a member for 30 days and have made at least 10 posts. You can read the classified guidelines here.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is illegal to use drones for hunting in TN

Read more, here

TENNESSEE WILDLIFE COMMISSION: HUNTING WITH DRONES IS NOW ILLEGAL

Yes sir it won’t be for hunting, just recovering deceased animals that hunters can’t find and the officers said there wasn’t any issues as long as I didn’t hunt with it. Well now it’s made it’s way further up and I could potentially have an investment I can’t do nothing with. Thanks you

Yes sir it won’t be for hunting, just recovering deceased animals that hunters can’t find and the officers said there wasn’t any issues as long as I didn’t hunt with it. Well now it’s made it’s way further up and I could potentially have an investment I can’t do nothing with. Thanks you
I would suggest checking with the TN Wildlife Commission to see if recovery is allowed since there may be live deer in the vicinity. I know even recovery is illegal (PA for one)

With thermal will be difficult to find a death animal in a few hours after dying. Will be cold blood.

Yes sir, it was TWRA I spoke to.
I know that in some states, using a drone to recover is illegal. I would document everything told to you and by whom.

Reactions: jrmoultrie
With thermal will be difficult to find a death animal in a few hours after dying. Will be cold blood.
A lot depends on the ambient conditions and where the animal died at. If he died in an open field it could gather heat all day long allowing more time to give off heat

A lot depends on the ambient conditions and where the animal died at. If he died in an open field it could gather heat all day long allowing more time to give off heat
I know thermal cameras are amazing. I saw a video of a helicopter pilot pointing a laser pen that a guy throw at a grass field at night. Of course, that one must be an expensive one. That leave me amazed.

I'd be interested in buying the jz spotlight.

There are some youtube videos of a guy in Ohio recovering deer. He thinks he could still spot a downed deer dead a couple weeks. But who knows?

I guess I can let you know after my 30 days and 10 post, I don’t know how that will work. I’m not wanting to get kicked off a site I just got on.

I guess I can let you know after my 30 days and 10 post, I don’t know how that will work. I’m not wanting to get kicked off a site I just got on.
You're up to 6 posts already :)

only a month and 6 4 more posts to go. You probably won't have an official answer from the state bureacracy by then.

only a month and 6 4 more posts to go. You probably won't have an official answer from the state bureacracy by then.
You’re probably right, I will let you know when the time comes. In the mean time I have received another yes from local TWRA officers.

3. If the local enforcement officers don't have a problem with it you might be ok. I wouldn't let the hunters go out with guns looking for the deer while you are in the air or if he isn't dead. Maybe some paper work is in order to make sure they are trying to track down the location of big mo. Tracking a dead deer with a thermal drone is about the same thing as tracking dogs for wounded deer. Unless you get the wrong conservation officer.

So I heard back from TWRA and they said I can’t go through with my business. So I will have a drone for sale once I hit 30 days and 10 post, if anyone is interested
That's a bummer. Can you post the letter so we can see what they said. Maybe the drone section of the AOPA could try and step in.

That's a bummer. Can you post the letter so we can see what they said. Maybe the drone section of the AOPA could try and step in.
It wasn’t a letter it was a phone call. Evidently they had several meetings about this, that’s why it took so long. Their ruling was they consider retrieving deer hunting and Tennessee law states no hunting with a drone.

Maybe have them put it in writing with their basis explained. That is some BS.

Looks like you made it to 10!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d