DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much math on the 107 test?

The initial Part 107 that I took back in early 2017 had some very basic trigonometry to calculate aerodynamic forces, but the values were supplied so it was effectively just simple arithmetic. The recurrent test has none of that. I don't recall anything else beyond simple addition and subtraction to answer some of the height/altitude questions. Nothing I would call actual mathematics.

So little that if you miss anything beyond + - / *, you will pass. Just take the practice exams out there to find your weaknesses. Remotepilot101.com was great for me. Other good ones too, and all have practice exams.

Thanks for the insight. I scheduled my 107 test today on the PSI website for May 22 in San Francisco. Of course I will double check before I Drive in. I did notice that they charged $89 for the test. They have another location in Concord that charges over $150.

Thanks for the insight. I scheduled my 107 test today on the PSI website for May 22 in San Francisco. Of course I will double check before I Drive in. I did notice that they charged $89 for the test. They have another location in Concord that charges over $150.

Are you sure that you didn't look at the price for a different test. The Part 107 initial and recurrent are $150 everywhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada