DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much time for charging a new batteries set

pescobar61

Reactions
Hi. I bought a Fly More Combo a month ago. The drone and batteries are in mainland Spain but I stay here in northern Africa Spanish town of Ceuta. I can't take it because the Covid-19 pandemic infection and the Spanish govern actions for ending the contagion. How much time can stay new batteries without a fresh charge? I think until at least one month I can't go to mainland Spain again. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

After a full charge, lithium cells lose about 5% during the first 24 hours and then 1 to 2% per month. Protected cells, and intelligent battery circuitry, a bit more. Batteries ship with a partial charge, some shipping regulations specify 30% or less for transport - though I don't know the percentage of charge DJI ships batteries with. For in use storage, optimal charge is from 40 to 60% of so.

Bottom line, if you haven't fully charged the batteries and left them that way, they should be fine.

Last edited:
Be safe, you have bigger issues to attend to. The batteries will be fine and will greet your safe return.

Reactions: pescobar61
Many thanks. Now it isn't possible to travel because the Spanish government dictates quarantine orders but I feel good thinking my batteries are in order at my mainland Spain home.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Sorry, slightly off topic, but I keep my batteries about 45%+ charged, but for long term storage (meaning months), what is the optimal way of keeping the batteries in good condition for long periods of time.

As you all may be aware, self isolation has kicked in here in the UK & I wish all of you guys to stay safe - worrying times....

Thanks
Rick

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom