DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much willpower do you have?

When I got mine, I opened it up only to make sure everything was in order (no missing parts etc), but only charged up one battery to do all the usual firmware updates and calibrations.

DIdn''t get to fly it for almost a week due to poor weather but since its not my first drone it wasnt such a big deal.

If I were you guys I'd be making sure everything was in order for such a expensive item rather than waiting days/weeks after delivery.

Reactions: Rchawks
Received my Mavic Air 2 this afternoon, I think I'll wait until the weekend (or until my birthday to open) How long did you wait after receiving?
1) Opened the box before it touched the floor
2) Within 1 hr of receiving
3) 1 day
4) 1 week
5) longer than one week, ( no one is going to make this choice)View attachment 102757
I ordered from DJI for 1400 CAD and sold it for 1500 CAD since it's priced higher in Canada $1580. Got 10USD DJI credit and 40 CAD cashback.
Made about 150 CAD by selling it, I just ordered another one, waiting for it to be shipped :(

• Wow
Unboxed it in the best buy parking lot, activated it, charged the battery in the truck, and was flying at the next lake....just because my Air 1 pissed me off earlier that day.

• Haha
I ordered from DJI for 1400 CAD and sold it for 1500 CAD since it's priced higher in Canada $1580. Got 10USD DJI credit and 40 CAD cashback.
Made about 150 CAD by selling it, I just ordered another one, waiting for it to be shipped :(
Not bad but that's a lot of work and time and waiting for $109...

Received my Mavic Air 2 this afternoon, I think I'll wait until the weekend (or until my birthday to open) How long did you wait after receiving?
1) Opened the box before it touched the floor
2) Within 1 hr of receiving
3) 1 day
4) 1 week
5) longer than one week, ( no one is going to make this choice)View attachment 102757

Open it to make sure it was not damaged in shipment so you could report it ASAP.
My opinion anyway.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Wifes kept me busy all day, I've registered with the FAA and will open and activate tonight. Wow big difference on the features from the MM. I bought it from Best Buy so if a return is necessary shouldn't be too bad. I plan on checking it all out tomorrow in a friends very big back yard.

Not bad but that's a lot of work and time and waiting for $109...
Well, it's expensive in Canada 1600$ for a drone that I may fly only few times.
It's just waiting time (the first one took 5 days only) but not a lot of work, as soon as I posted the ad for sell it was picked up on the day.
I should have ordered multiple :p

Last edited:
Well, it's expensive in Canada 1600$ for a drone that I may fly only few times.
It's just waiting time (the first one took 5 days only) but not a lot of work, as soon as I posted the ad for sell it was picked up on the day.
I should have ordered multiple :p
Lol true!

Receive my MA2 today, ordered May 6 on Amazon. Upon delivery I had mine in the air in less than an hour. I’m very impressed, upgrading from the MM!
You must have unboxed it like The Tasmanian Devil to get it in the air that fast.

Patience, we don't need no stinkin patience...Opened it up right away! Put it together, started it up in my living room and immediately crashed it into the wall. Great start. Never started it up in my house again, geeeez... Knock on wood, have never crashed again since 2017.

Receive my MA2 today, ordered May 6 on Amazon. Upon delivery I had mine in the air in less than an hour. I’m very impressed, upgrading from the MM!
Did you get the batteries charged up first, or just go with whatever charge they were shipped with?

You might want to open it soon to see if it will activate. Same for the batteries. You don't want to wait until weekend to find out that it has to be sent back.
Yes. Get it activated ASAP. There are batches of these that weren’t entered in the DJI database and can’t be activated. Unfortunately mine was one of them and it also came from Best Buy. Replacement arrived from BB 5/26 and thankfully it activated. I’ll be taking it on its first flight today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev