DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much would a swappable gimbal be worth to you?

What would you pay for a Mavic 2 package that included quick change mount + both M2P and M2P lenses?

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
I just got off the phone with a potential customer and had a wonderful conversation about how DJI should have made a bayonette style mount similar to what the Inpsire series has.

My question is, since many people are buying both gimbals, and having to pay first $1450 for an M2P, and then another $400-$500 for the zoom gimbal, how much would you pay if DJI were to offer a Mavic 2 with simple interchangeable lenses? The gimbals are the same, the weight is probably the same, firmware and app are the same, so it wouldnt take too much more tech to do it on their part.

I would be interested if there were more lenses available...since the zoom has a smaller sensor than the fixed lens they are probably not actually interchangeable. The zoom lense would have to be physically larger. Given that I would not want a smaller sensor to accommodate one more lens.

Reactions: Former Member
Just another thought... if DJI comes out with a Phantom 5 that has interchangeable lenses, I will be upset that they didnt make it for the Mavic first. Im not going back to Phantoms, ever!

I was also upset after spending $700+ on a Spark Flymore a couple of years ago that DJI came out with the Mavic Air, a mere few months latre, that was all the Spark could have been, but better.

Last edited:
I would be interested if there were more lenses available...since the zoom has a smaller sensor than the fixed lens they are probably not actually interchangeable. The zoom lense would have to be physically larger. Given that I would not want a smaller sensor to accommodate one more lens.

Good thinking. How about a Zoom, Pro, and Wide angle???? That would be so awesome. They have been making them for SLR's for decades, why should drones be excluded, especially with Hasselblad in the picture.

Just another thought... if DJI comes out with a Phantom 5 that has interchangeable lenses, I will be upset that they didnt make it for the Mavic first. Im not going back to Phantoms, ever!

I was also upset after spending $700+ on a Spark Flymore a couple of years ago that DJI came out with the Mavic Air, that was all the Spark could have been, but better.

Yeah...I often wonder how much they hold out on innovations they could be making, in an effort to keep other product lines more relevant.

The Mavic 2 Pro could have been designed with an easily exchangeable camera and gimbal assembly. They could have taken a cue from the Gopro Karma, and removed need for the Osmo Pocket all together.

Yeah...I often wonder how much they hold out on innovations they could be making, in an effort to keep other product lines more relevant.

The Mavic 2 Pro could have been designed with an easily exchangeable camera and gimbal assembly. They could have taken a cue from the Gopro Karma, and removed need for the Osmo Pocket all together.

YES!!!!! 3 years later and the Karma still has that feature over the mavic, and was also able to be a camera on a stick!

I agree that maybe DJI would have have squashed their own Osmo if they made the M2 gimbal detchable on to the Osmo stick. The Inspire 1 had the detachable gimbal that set on the Osmo, and that was a great idea.

Reactions: Shon
I would be interested in two different zoom lenses; say a wide angle to 5x then a 6x to 10x. Not sure how much zoom the gimbal could handle to keep it steady or how big the lens would have to be. They might have to include some digital stabilization to make it work.

I would be interested in two different zoom lenses; say a wide angle to 5x then a 6x to 10x. Not sure how much zoom the gimbal could handle to keep it steady or how big the lens would have to be. They might have to include some digital stabilization to make it work.

Very true. How many x would you think could be digitally stabilized if put on a Mavic?

I think it is a great idea but probably not something I would use. (You needed to have a “none of the above” option) Now ..... if you could take off the Pro camera and attach it to an Osmo stick, that would be interesting.

I think it is a great idea but probably not something I would use. (You needed to have a “none of the above” option) Now ..... if you could take off the Pro camera and attach it to an Osmo stick, that would be interesting.

Or even better, since you already have an M2P, how about an M2 gimbal you can take off and mount on a stick???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+