DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How noisy is the Mini compared to other drones?

All depends on what you consider noise.
Case in point, the Master Air Screw stealth propellers are made to produce a buzz lower in frequency.
A lot of people agree (just throwing out numbers) 2000hz buzz from the propellers are annoying.
Drop that to 1000hz and it is more tolerable.
While the db is all within 10 measures for all drones in the study, it is the frequency of the props that produces the "noise"
The "buzz" is a result of how fast it spins. Lowering the frequency pretty much translates to a more aggressive blade pitch which results in more lift, requiring less RPM on the motors. Plus the waveform the ESC's use to step the motors affect the noise level and quality.
So it's a combination of factors not a single thing. So the MA props simply have a more aggressive pitch which on a tiny 2S might have implications on motor/ESC heat - not to mention acceleration where the battery may be strained and you get droop.
It's all about balancing performance factors. I just mention this so folks don't blindly slap on props without understanding implications.

Thanks for the 2S explanation. Going back to the original topic, I found another video that compares MA, Spark, MM and Anafi, with the Anafi apparently being quietest by a margin (and perhaps least "intrusive") ...

I have a Tello and a MM. The MM is a good bit louder than the Tello, as can be expected. I have no way to measure this scientifically, but I typically find the background noise (quiet urban or countryside) completely masks the Tello once it's about 20-30m away.

I had a Spark and that made quite a loud buzzing now I have the Mini and I am amazed at just how quiet it is.
I think it's a slower rotor speed with relatively large blades that makes the difference. Someone did a sound test (flytpath
I think) but that doesn't really tell the whole story. The Mini is just so quiet it's a real stealth drone and I LOVE it. The range is also
way better than my old Spark. Awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar