DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

its a beast compared to the Mini 3pro

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
well fellow flyers got the air all set up to go ,beware the initial set up with the RC2 is quite a lengthy process so have the drone battery and RC fully charged before you start ,right from the get go there is a massive firmware update ,and a smaller on for the RC2 ,and the battery is part of the update as well so if you have the fly-more all 3 of them need to be updated ,i would advise having a fan blowing over the drone during the update even though its internal fan will start running quite quickly, it just helps to dissipate the heat build up from the drone
dont turn anything off near the end of the update ,it will appear that its all finished, but be patient the RC screen will appear to freeze for some time ,but just leave it alone ,and after ,what seems ages while your waiting,it will eventually start the app and connect to the drone
boy is it loud compared to the Mini 3 pro, hovered it in my garden and you can feel the power difference,good news is that the prop sound is a very low register, and once you go up it doesnt sound like a swarm of bees

It’s definitely a beast compared to the Mini 3 Pro!

There were a lot of things that sold me on this including the 10m/s ascent and descent rate and waypoints.

The things I would like to see in a FW update are 15m/s top speed in normal mode and explorer mode that can zoom up to 9x in photo mode.

Reactions: old man mavic
@solidhouse patience fellow flyer, we will be doing firmware updates for some considerable time,if the Air 3 is anything like other DJI new releases,look how the Mini 3 pro, is so much better than it was when it was first released, they seem to have done a better job with this release,lots of new features already working

well fellow flyers got the air all set up to go ,beware the initial set up with the RC2 is quite a lengthy process so have the drone battery and RC fully charged before you start ,right from the get go there is a massive firmware update ,and a smaller on for the RC2 ,and the battery is part of the update as well so if you have the fly-more all 3 of them need to be updated ,i would advise having a fan blowing over the drone during the update even though its internal fan will start running quite quickly, it just helps to dissipate the heat build up from the drone
dont turn anything off near the end of the update ,it will appear that its all finished, but be patient the RC screen will appear to freeze for some time ,but just leave it alone ,and after ,what seems ages while your waiting,it will eventually start the app and connect to the drone
boy is it loud compared to the Mini 3 pro, hovered it in my garden and you can feel the power difference,good news is that the prop sound is a very low register, and once you go up it doesnt sound like a swarm of bees
Good stuff OMM. Are you keeping the Mini 3 Pro?

I got mine yesterday and you may have seen my post from a few minutes ago. I have been charging 2 batteries for hours. One in the drone and one in the charging canister and both are only going to 2 bars. I read that they should be fully charged due to the lengthy setup process so I have not gone past this point. Did you have the same issue? Thanks.

Reactions: Torque
From the Specifications for the Air 3 for battery charge time.
  • Approx. 80 minutes (with DJI 65W Portable Charger)
    Approx. 60 minutes (with DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter and Battery Charging Hub)

You may need a larger USB C charger.

Hope this helps.

I had watched that already. He said the FMC came with a 100W charger but mine did not. That may be why it is taking this long. Thanks Hoozier.
It seems that some of the sponsored YouTube vloggers got filters and chargers with their Air 3's, and that has confused many of us about what is actually included with the Fly More Kit.

It seems that some of the sponsored YouTube vloggers got filters and chargers with their Air 3's, and that has confused many of us about what is actually included with the Fly More Kit.
Torque, yes you are right. Many of them got the ND Filters but they were not included in mine.

Hey I did the firmware updates and it didn’t prompt me to update the batteries ? Can undo that manually after the update ? Thanks

Hey I did the firmware updates and it didn’t prompt me to update the batteries ? Can undo that manually after the update ? Thanks
during the firmware updates the battery in the drone at the time gets its update ,if you were watching the drone during the update ,then at some point during the update the battery level lights started to flash, and that indicates that the battery is being communicated with, as part of the update
dont worry when you plug in the second and third battery if you got the combo then you will either see a message on the opening screen saying inconsistent firmware (update)or if you touch the three dots in the top right corner of the screen, and select about from the list across the top of the screen, then touch check firmware and then it will probably start from about 85% and just update the battery ,just do the same for any more batteries you have

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas