DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How quickly do you deploy your drone?

2 minutes if I don’t dilly dally. But if launch time was critical, I would buy a case that could store the drone and controller in a ready state, then it would probably get comfortably under the minute mark. The A2S seems to get satellite signal in about 10 seconds, so that helps.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hello all,

Here’s a question that’s been on my mind for a while. How quickly/easily do you deploy your drones?

When I first bought my Mini 2, I had in mind that I would be taking it with me on my motorcycle trips and deploy it from time to time to film my riding buddies, interesting views en route etc.

However, what really ended happening though was that it takes me absolutely forever to deploy the drone. I need to unpack it, remove the propeller holder and gimbal cover, Unfold the arms, attach and hook up the phone to the remote, screw in the remote sticks, power everything up, fire up the app.. you know the drill.
To make things worse, because the drone feels so delicate/easy to break I am being veeeery careful while handling it, especially propellers and gimbal.

To cut a long story short, with all this procedure I find it pretty much impossible/impractical to simply stop roadside and film my mates while they make a pass or when we take a break.

Compounding this problem is my general aversion to attracting attention which makes it harder and harder to go out and fly the drone in general, especially in nice settings, like a quaint little seaside village or something. When I see people around I practically hide the DJI bag under my arm and tell myself all kinds of excuses to avoid flying.

To cut a long story short, this deployment problem (and extreme shyness to fly the drone in general) has resulted in the poor M2 having had two (!) flights in about a year since I got it brand new.

How do you all cope with the deployment of your drones? Do you find it easy to fly and if so, how quickly do you get them up in the air? Any ideas/tips how to make the whole procedure easier?

Thanks and fly safe!
Nick
I turn in and plug in everything and then screw in sticks while it is connecting. This helps. Just practice that some and you’ll get faster and more confident with it. You can use an app called Aloft & B4UFly ahead of time to check out your route ahead of time to make sure your flying in safe air space etc.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Thanks for the tips, everyone. I happened upon this post, and now I've got some good information to go by.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78