DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How should I be controlling the EV?

Ripper7620

Reactions
On a sunny day, with the ISO@100, and with an ND32PL Polar pro filter, I'm over exposed, and with the ISO @100, and with an ND64PL, I'm under exposed, so should I be using the ISO in combination with the ND60PL to get the correct EV, or is there a better way? Thank you in advance.

On a sunny day, with the ISO@100, and with an ND32PL Polar pro filter, I'm over exposed, and with the ISO @100, and with an ND64PL, I'm under exposed, so should I be using the ISO in combination with the ND60PL to get the correct EV, or is there a better way? Thank you in advance.
When I have this issue, I underexposed and do the rest in post. Can't recover lost highlights so it's better to protect them.

Reactions: Ripper7620
You didn't say if you are talking about video or still photos. I would assume video since ND filters aren't really necessary for still photos. And you didn't say what your shutter speed is, or what you want it to be. You can tweak the shutter speed some and it wouldn't look too bad.

You didn't say if you are talking about video or still photos. I would assume video since ND filters aren't really necessary for still photos. And you didn't say what your shutter speed is, or what you want it to be. You can tweak the shutter speed some and it wouldn't look too bad.
I'm doing mostly video, and I'm reluctant to try and break the 180 rule, although I know it would address the over exposure issue, I'm afraid it would further compromise the video quality. I'm shooting 24fps @50.

Reactions: Armand V Cpt
The 180 isn't much of a "rule", it's about getting a certain look which is actually irrelevant on most common aerial shooting scenarios in the first place.

It's certainly much better to "break" that one than any other.

The 180 isn't much of a "rule", it's about getting a certain look which is actually irrelevant on most common aerial shooting scenarios in the first place.

It's certainly much better to "break" that one than any other.
Yes I understand it's about getting the right look, and that's what I'm after. At the end of the day, I'm spoiled from flying my P4P, and have become accustomed to having aperture adjustment, and will never buy another drone that doesn't have it. The MPP does great in the right conditions, but is just too limited for my needs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa