DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to buy a used Mavic Pro

I would have the Seller fly it using each battery that is included in the sell.
Each battery should give at least 20 min of flight time.
If the Seller says he did not get a chance to fully charge the batteries, beware as that is a red flag.
Simba

Reactions: AMann and conchman
^^*what simbaboy said^^^

Does it even have a serial number?
One thing for sure, see it and test it in person, and also put each battery on a charger too.

I would have the Seller fly it using each battery that is included in the sell.
Each battery should give at least 20 min of flight time.
If the Seller says he did not get a chance to fully charge the batteries, beware as that is a red flag.
Uh no, nobody in their right mind will do that for you. The red flag would rather be if they do since you would know they likely faked it becasue it's unreasonable...

You can also check the number of times the batteries have been charged. I bought two MPs, and each had only 2 battery charges. If you have the S/N, you can check with DJI as to whether or not they have worked on it, or possibly if they had inspected it for possible repair.

Reactions: conchman
You can also check the number of times the batteries have been charged. I bought two MPs, and each had only 2 battery charges. If you have the S/N, you can check with DJI as to whether or not they have worked on it, or possibly if they had inspected it for possible repair.

How do you check charge number, good info!

Last edited:
In the App > 'three little dots' > Battery > Advanced Info
This will list the:
Charge Cycles
Serial Number

Reactions: AMann
i bought a Mavic Pro from a older guy who never had time to fly it and only went through process of charging the batteries. everything appears to state his claim, stickers on the drone, everything wrapped up in the box and when I checked the serial number there’s no r at the end so I’m certain I have a new drone... My question is if something was to go wrong (praying it never happens) how do I get it serviced because DJI ask for a receipt/proof of purchase which I don’t have.

Last edited:
My Mavic pro just went through serious repair
(Broken compass replace ribbon cable and gimble mount) all in with shipping $160
from "Thindrdrone"
12 day turnaround from Seattle to Atlanta
....cR

Reactions: conchman
Hhmmm would that place be competition to our own thunderdrone repair genius

Ask to see the device he uses to fly it. Either a cell phone or tablet. Open the app and click the 3 dots on the home screen , you should be able to see the total hours on the bird. If the hours are super high you may want to pass.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky