DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to calibrate the SC compass

deltamike

Reactions
Did you know the SC has a compass and that it might require calibrating?

Here is how to do it.

Switch on the SC.
Tap the 4 squares on the bottom right.
Choose settings.
Scroll the screen up until you see 'Compass'
Tap it and that screen will tell you how to calibrate and if the compass is normal or not.

Reactions: Otisangb and E90RAW
I just tried this to see how it works but didn't need to. Kind of a pain. I followed the diagram on the smart controller rotation but had to recalibrate like 6 times to get it. Unlike calibrating the aircraft compass which only takes 1 attempt. How has everybody else who attempted this gone? I'm not the sharpest pencil in the pack but pretty sure I followed the diagram correctly.

I’ve not had an issue in the process. I’m certainly not the sharpest either!

Reactions: Otisangb
Hmmmm, maybe I can't follow a simple diagram. I will give it another shot tomorrow before I fly.

Probably just a DJI thing. I think they just tease us at times with diagrams.

Ok,
Instead of waiting for tomorrow, I tried it again. I decided to fly around in my back yard and burn a battery to make sure everything works tomorrow as I haven't flown in a while. My prior attempt at calibrating the smart controller compass was with the aircraft disconnected. When connected to the aircraft it just took 1 try. Not sure why because the smart controller compass I would think would be independent of the air craft. In any case it worked.

If the compass requires calibrating I think the SC will let you know. Anyway, on the calibration screen at the bottom underneath START CALIBRATION it will tell you 'compass normal'. If it does not say this then that's when you carry out the calibration.

Has anyone seen anything other that 'compass normal'?

Has anyone seen anything other that 'compass normal'?
Delta,
Mine was normal. Just wanted to do it for some reason. But this is a great question. It's good to have this kind of feed back from anyone where it's not normal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave Cleverley