DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Cancel-Low Battery Return to Home

tmiller

Reactions
Hello, Is there any way to cancel the low battery return to home function? I was flying the other day and since it was in my back field low altitude I let it go past the initial warning to the critical warning. Once it initiated it's critical low battery RTH I was unable to cancel/override. Since it was hovering right in front of me I simply grabbed it and shut it down.

Why would you override the critical low battery? Are you trying to decrease your battery life?

Why would you override the critical low battery? Are you trying to decrease your battery life?
No, Since it was right in front of me I simply kept flying for a few and it would have had to fly up to altitude to RTH and I just wanted to land it in front of me. I couldn't cancel the RTH.

It will land on Critical Battery which is usually at 10%, but will RTH on low battery which varies when that triggers based on flying conditions. But then there's the "low battery warning" which is just that, a warning, and not part of the RTH system, so there can be confusion between the two.

It will land on Critical Battery which is usually at 10%, but will RTH on low battery which varies when that triggers based on flying conditions. But then there's the "low battery warning" which is just that, a warning, and not part of the RTH system, so there can be confusion between the two.
That's for the info, I guess I'll have to fly it to that battery level again and see what it does. Maybe I didn't give it time to complete it's task.

I'm a new pilot, but I had the same problem. On my property, but out of sight, the screen froze. I walked out to where I last had control. It was hovering there. I tried to fly it back to the yard using smart controller and walking behind it. A hundred or so yards later it started to try to rise, I tried to use the joystick to bring it down - no deal. The best I could do was keep it from rising. After a minute or so of down commands, I gave up and let it rise. It returned to the last place I had taken off from - I know... "Good, RTH worked" However, it scared me since we were only barely clear of overhanging branches and I was scared to death it would jump up into the trees and crash. I'm researching now to figure out how to make it do what I tell it to do when I disagree with its preprogramming.

Press pause
I too have this issue. I was actually landing it manually and 2 feet from the ground when low battery RTH kicked in. I couldn't gain control. Pretty sure I pressed pause, but not sure. I let it go through the RTH routine, which was fine. So, does Pause typically work to cancel RTH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000