DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to cancel RTH?

TestPilot

Reactions
Anyone knows what is the best way to cancel the RTH when the craft is already on it's way home and descending?

Assuming that there are tree branches in the way, and you can see that it's going to hit them, how do you cancel the RTH?

Press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH.

RTH.jpg

Anyone knows what is the best way to cancel the RTH when the craft is already on it's way home and descending?

Assuming that there are tree branches in the way, and you can see that it's going to hit them, how do you cancel the RTH?
You can still maneuver the drone while it's descending. This allows to to move it aside so it won't land in a tree.

Isnt there a red dot on the left side with an X in it on your display? I could've sworn I saw that on the controller during a RTH I did

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: Ldcfla and Ozman
On my second flight of all time, this happened to me. It started climbing because the battery was getting low. Just before I was landing, RTH initiated. I panicked and tried to take over control. I should have and now know to relax and just look down at the controls to cancel RTH. I eventually did, but not before trimming some trees lol

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I feel like pressing the Pause button snaps it out of RTH quicker than hitting the RTH button.

Reactions: gphinney
I like to use the pause button on controller
Get real familiar with where the 'Pause' button is on your controller because it is your 'Get-out-of-Jail-Free' card. It is useful in any situation where you have the Drone heading somewhere it's not meant to, or you just need that extra second to get your thoughts and orientation together.

Isnt there a red dot on the left side with an X in it on your display? I could've sworn I saw that on the controller during a RTH I did

In case the app freezes or phone dies, it is always nice to know how to abort a RTH, to land it manually without using the app.

I once received a phone call while the Mavic was RTH. That was before I use another device to pilot my drone.
I have a fairly new smartphone I don't use anymore. And since I had a data sim laying around, I used that to provide it with a data connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya