DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to correct this mismatch?

STLBluesNut

Reactions
I noticed today flying that the position indicator at the bottom of the DJI Fly app is showing my mini drastically off to the side relative to the direction the controller is facing. I tried recalibration the imu's, compass and controller to see if those would have any effect. Even after powering the rc and ac down and up it showed the arrow off to the other side. I will attach some screenshots.

I am clearly directly in front of the ac with the controller pointed directly at it. It shows the ac pointing at me just offset by almost 45 degrees in position. Still being new, it really throws me off when I look back up to find the mini in the sky.
6d3db1aad1ea8486df95f008702cb39f.jpg
59be6865b1711faff23d733b5c4a3a8d.jpg
b81607028cbcb1e6a1d9e91413a8209d.jpg

The compass of the phone is off and it seems that the error is changing over time. Try to re-calibrate it. It wont affect flying except that you cannot rely on the radar chart to tell if the antenna of the RC is facing the drone.

Last edited:
When re calibrating the phone's compass, try doing it when it is clipped in to the controller. There are magnets in the controller for stick position sensing and these can affect the compass. This has helped some people with this common problem.

Reactions: Mrmund
I've never been able to get mine to work on either of my 2 mini's either on my Android or Iphone. I gave up and just use them map which works fine. I'd like to know the answer on how to fix it too...

To fix the bottom MD orientation disc you need to calibrate the Mobile Device only AFTER it has been attached to the RC and by calibrating I mean take the whole assembly and wave it in a figure of 8 motion at least 3 times or rotate the assembly in every axis, a complete pitch to 360° back to the start point, a complete roll of 360° and a complete yaw of 360° around.

need to calibrate the Mobile Device only AFTER it has been attached to the RC

I wonder if this is substantiated by any test results or it's just hearsay . The direction indication of the compass APP in my iphone 11 pro is totally unaffected when a magnet is put next to phone, no matter how strong the magnet is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan