DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to decode the flight log files

MavicFlyer

Reactions
I know that log files are created on the mobile device. They are TXT extension but are encoded.

Is there software that decodes it to produce something that can be viewed in a spreadsheet?
Is there a guide that defines the parameters and described them?

There are two tools that do a much better job:
FRAP - Flight Record Analysis Program an offline program generating a meaningful worksheet
when you run into problems converting the txt-files, try this: https://forum.dji.com/thread-150643-1-1.html
and
Flight Log Converter works in english too!
with track animation and a stunning FPV simulator

FRAP has nice simplified visualization tools, but unnecessary complexity if you just want the detailed csv file for actual data analysis - far simpler just to use the TXTlogToCSVtool that powers its conversion process.

Flight Log Converter produces perfectly good kmz files, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

And neither of them appears to read and convert DAT files, which are the more useful logs anyway.

Good tools to have available though.

FRAP has nice simplified visualization tools, but unnecessary complexity if you just want the detailed csv file for actual data analysis - far simpler just to use the TXTlogToCSVtool that powers its conversion process.

Flight Log Converter produces perfectly good kmz files, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

And neither of them appears to read and convert DAT files, which are the more useful logs anyway.
And which program -does- process DAT files?

Be very careful. Analyzing flight logs can be quite addictive. Of course I could quit any time I want to. Any time.
Now I've heard everything..... I'm going to call ABC to do a story on the biggest lie ever told..... ;)o_O

Reactions: sar104
Good day guys,

I put together this small web app to help loading the TXT Log files.
Depending on your feedback I'll work more on it having the ability to export data onto other different formats.
Enjoy it: DJI TXT Log Reader

Cheers!

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada