DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to disable OA sensors and fly in strong winds

Ian in London

Reactions
Hi all
There was a lot of discussiona few weeks ago on how the Air and Pro differ significantly flying in strong winds when not in Sports Mode.
The Obstacle Avoidance Sensors play a key part in this; the AIR auto-disables them allowing a steeper pitch to continue at speed, whilst the PRO limits the ptich to ensure they remain functioning, but limiting its speed if not in Sports mode flying against a strong wind.

A few people asked to run a wind test with the OA sensors disabled. Others mentioned they didn't even know you could disable the sensors..
So I did some more testing and put together this... Hope this helps people encountering strong winds!

Ian

That was interesting. Thanks.
I usually have OA and VPS off because it saves me extra battery minutes. And I don't want to rely on any flight control decision other than my own. I was always impressed by the wind handling capacity of the Mavic. I expected that OA makes quite some difference in strong wind but I never actually tried it.

Reactions: Ian in London
That was interesting. Thanks.
I usually have OA and VPS off because it saves me extra battery minutes. And I don't want to rely on any flight control decision other than my own. I was always impressed by the wind handling capacity of the Mavic. I expected that OA makes quite some difference in strong wind but I never actually tried it.
I didn't realize OA uses battery. Interesting

Do you typically use AFC for focusing or was that just enabled for this video?
I tap to focus.... force of habit from the start with the Mavic Pro... after having some great videos ruined because I forgot in the early days!
Cheers
Ian

I tap to focus.... force of habit from the start with the Mavic Pro... after having some great videos ruined because I forgot in the early days!
Cheers
Ian
So you prefer tap to focus over manual infinity?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi