DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to disable REMOTE_ID on DH MAVIC 3. WORKS

MAVIC3_owner

Reactions
Hello guys, I saw many posts related to REMOTE_ID how it is working on DH MAVIC 3. So there is a away to disable it, actually not to enable it in first place. So I will write down some steps how to do it. You may ask how I know when REMOTE_ID is enabled or when disabled - I have a special tool for that and I can monitor in real time when drone starts to transmit REMOTE_ID (RIDxxxxxxxxxx). This works on 1000 version. I did not try 1100.

1. This is the most important. You must be indoors deep inside the house or in the basement so that drone will not connect to satellites.
2. Start the RC first, wait untill it loads up fully.
3. Start the MAVIC 3 drone. Important! Make sure to start it on NORMAL or SPORT mode. DO NOT START it CINE mode (GPS off mode).
4. When drone starts (engine off) and you can see the view in the RC - instantly turn it to CINE mode (GPS_OFF). So the thing there is that the drone will not see satellites and when you switch it to CINE mode it will never wants to connect to them.
5. You still need to be at home. Start the engine, dont fly yet.
6. Now with engines started carefully take your drone outside, put it on the ground and you can launch it and fly it!

Thats it, it works 100% I tested many times, REMOTE_ID is disabled. But what you need to know if you ever change the mode to normal or sport drone during the flight it will instantly enables REMOTE_ID (it takes like 5sec to fully load satellites untill it gets white color, around ~18) and even you go back to cine mode it will disable REMOTE_ID for few sec but then it enables again. In such case you need to turn off RC and the drone, remove the battery, go inside home again and start all over again.

ENJOY!

Hello guys, I saw many posts related to REMOTE_ID how it is working on DH MAVIC 3. So there is a away to disable it, actually not to enable it in first place. So I will write down some steps how to do it. You may ask how I know when REMOTE_ID is enabled or when disabled - I have a special tool for that and I can monitor in real time when drone starts to transmit REMOTE_ID (RIDxxxxxxxxxx). This works on 1000 version. I did not try 1100.

1. This is the most important. You must be indoors deep inside the house or in the basement so that drone will not connect to satellites.
2. Start the RC first, wait untill it loads up fully.
3. Start the MAVIC 3 drone. Important! Make sure to start it on NORMAL or SPORT mode. DO NOT START it CINE mode (GPS off mode).
4. When drone starts (engine off) and you can see the view in the RC - instantly turn it to CINE mode (GPS_OFF). So the thing there is that the drone will not see satellites and when you switch it to CINE mode it will never wants to connect to them.
5. You still need to be at home. Start the engine, dont fly yet.
6. Now with engines started carefully take your drone outside, put it on the ground and you can launch it and fly it!

Thats it, it works 100% I tested many times, REMOTE_ID is disabled. But what you need to know if you ever change the mode to normal or sport drone during the flight it will instantly enables REMOTE_ID (it takes like 5sec to fully load satellites untill it gets white color, around ~18) and even you go back to cine mode it will disable REMOTE_ID for few sec but then it enables again. In such case you need to turn off RC and the drone, remove the battery, go inside home again and start all over again.

ENJOY!
So to keep RID off, you can only fly in Cine mode? That's quite a limitation!

Im testing another version right know. I think its possible to fly in sport mode aswell. I will update post if its 100% good
I'm sure the Ukranians have it already figured out!
At the very least, early versions of the Mavic 3 with unupdated FW never broadcasted RID in the first place, so nothing needs to be changed to keep it off in any mode, as they were manufactured before the RID requirement from the manufacturer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valdem