DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOW TO EDIT DRONE FOOTAGE from start to finish - A Beginners guide

Hi guys, I put together this tutorial. It's a complete walk through of my edition process including my export settings. It may be useful to some of you?

That was you? Nice job. I had to think about putting down music first then adding video clips. I can see how it might work for some, but I think that may require knowing how long your piece will be in the first place. I also think it may have to do with how homogenous the shots are within the project to know what you're going to use and what ends up on the cutting room floor. Perhaps I'm too new at this to think music first. But that's me.

Too bad you didn't do the demo on Davinci Resolve :oops:. While Premier is nice and one of the leading editing programs the last thing I want to do is get married to the Adobe Money Borg that sucks money out of my pocket every month whether or not I use the product. Photoshop is costly enough, and I now have a personal issue with Adobe as my go-to Photoshop version is CS3 they will not let me reactivate that version even though I own the full version with license. So I get stuck paying for CC 2020 even though I only use the program a handful of times per month now that I am mostly retired. There were no terms of expiration when I purchased CS3 and it still functions all the way through Windows 10. I could kiss the feet of the Blackmagic Design developers. I'll gladly pay the $300 for the studio upgrade in the future rather than having to "rent" software. Sorry for the rant.

Hi guys, I put together this tutorial. It's a complete walk through of my edition process including my export settings. It may be useful to some of you?

Nice video, thanks. I'm new at this and trying to figure out the best export settings to balance quality with file size. I'm filming in 4k with my Air 2.

I'm using a different editor, VSDC, and when I export with the YouTube settings (4k, MP4, h264, 90% quality) I end up with a file size of 4 or 5 gb for a 2-3 minute video. If I change to quicktime (.mov, H265, 86% qualithy) I get a file size as small as 50mb. I can't see a difference on my computer screen, but guess there will be a big differece on a 4k tv screen. Is this correct?

I can't watch the vid here at work but plan to at home in the very near future. Thanks for making it and sharing, strange how someone will take the time to tell you it wasn't useful.... I appreciate the fact that you are trying to help others...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent