DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to flight log?? Don't understand

I'll post one last one here, along with the drone clip from the vlog, so you can enjoy the results. "might have to click "watch on FB")
Thank yall for the help, let me know if there is anything I'm missing when it comes to sending flight logs, or if it is done incorrectly. Nice to finally know how to do the logs for when something goes south someday. haha

You have the correct .txt file. Apparently you are giving everyone access to your AirData log; not what I would do.
With the data on AirData you can do a lot of analysis yourself by looking at the notifications, battery data, and all the general information. With a paid account you can also see the calculated winds aloft data.
My preference to always download the .txt file from my phone so I have it permanently on my computer and then upload to AirData.
Other prefer the automatic sync method where the .txt file goes from somewhere on your phone to AirData directly without making a stop on your computer. I don't care for the automatic sync as I want control of my files.
It's just a matter of personal preference.

You have the correct .txt file. Apparently you are giving everyone access to your AirData log; not what I would do.
With the data on AirData you can do a lot of analysis yourself by looking at the notifications, battery data, and all the general information. With a paid account you can also see the calculated winds aloft data.
My preference to always download the .txt file from my phone so I have it permanently on my computer and then upload to AirData.
Other prefer the automatic sync method where the .txt file goes from somewhere on your phone to AirData directly without making a stop on your computer. I don't care for the automatic sync as I want control of my files.
It's just a matter of personal preference.
Thanks for the response. I didn't know sharing a log had risks. Is the log I send giving access to some information that should not be on a public forum?
Or are flight logs themselves just not something to post unless necessary for some reason?

Thanks for the response. I didn't know sharing a log had risks. Is the log I send giving access to some information that should not be on a public forum?
Or are flight logs themselves just not something to post unless necessary for some reason?
Probably just personal preference.

Reactions: 88lance
Thanks, I'll refrain from Sharing unless necessary. 👍. Mostly just glad to see it worked and got it figured out.

I didn't know sharing a log had risks. Is the log I send giving access to some information that should not be on a public forum?
There's no worry about posting your flight data.
It contains no personal information and just shows where you flew and what happened during the flight.
If you ever had a flight incident, posting the flight data is what's usually required to find what happened or get help to find where the drone may have ended up.

Reactions: 88lance
I synced the logs, then deleted the local cache (300+ MB of data). They were still visible on the controller.

This may be a difference between the controller and a phone. Or possibly the difference is syncing?
Syncing from a phone leaves the old .txt flight logs on the phone but deletes the old .DAT flight logs.
Incidentally if synching on a phone is left active an app will down load 'missing' or deleted logs from DJI to the phone.
Could such behaviour be the reason that the deleted logs still appear on your controller?

App looks like a version 1.2.1 according to my phone. When I pull up the files, I don't have an option of "flight record" though, for some reason that's missing on mine.
You are using 1.2.1 of fly app, it's shown on the airdata front page, bottom of the left hand column on the overview page.
That is a Nov 14 2020 release of the app. When I used it or one of the 1.2.'s with a Mavic Mini I was plagued with disconnections at distances of only a few feet and went back to one of the 1.1's, I still use that with the Mavic Mini. I do not know if 1.2.1 was so troubled the Air 2 but ....... With a Mini 2 I use 1.3.0.
You can down load the APK's for old versions from the likes of Latest Uploads - APKMirror

Last edited:
You are using 1.2.1 of fly app, it's shown on the airdata front page, bottom of the left hand column on the overview page.
That is a Nov 14 2020 release of the app. When I used it or one of the 1.2.'s with a Mavic Mini I was plagued with disconnections at distances of only a few feet and went back to one of the 1.1's, I still use that with the Mavic Mini. I do not know if 1.2.1 so troubled the Air 2 but ....... With a Mini 2 I use 1.3.0.
You can down load the APK's for old versions from the likes of Latest Uploads - APKMirror
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind if I start having issues. So far I haven't had any problems with it on the MA2. Good to know for future reference in case something like disconnects start happening

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423