DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to flight log?? Don't understand

88lance

Reactions
I have been flying awhile now, but still have never messed with logs. I probably need to learn this so that when something happens someday, I'll know how to retrieve the log.
I read numerous posts and also watched a couple vids, but I guess being somewhat technology illiterate, I don't really understand the steps to do this.

In my app on the phone where I fly from, I can go to my past flights. It shows a list of flights that, when I click one, it replays real-time and shows the map. This has basic information such as stick input and elevation. It seems that there are sites online to upload the flight log and view more in-depth information there, such as what the motors were doing.

I made an account with Airdata UAV. It has a place to upload your flights. But in the fly app I don't see an option to click "download" on the flight list. So I'm not sure how to download from the app, so that I can upload to the site.
One video said the flight logs are uploaded to the cloud automatically. What cloud? Where do I go to find where they are being "automatically uploaded" to?

It seems like the missing link is how to get the flight logs from my phone to one of the sites. Some mention it doing it automatically, and some mention downloading/uploading.

Can someone explain this a bit more clearly for me? Also, is there a log site that you recommend? And how do I send a flight log from there to somewhere like here, if somebody on the forum wanted to see it?

Thanks

Can someone explain this a bit more clearly for me? Also, is there a log site that you recommend? And how do I send a flight log from there to somewhere like here, if somebody on the forum wanted to see it?
Here are the instructions I post to help do that:

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Thanks for the response. I plugged my android into the laptop, and opened the Motorola documents and files tab. It says the folder is empty. I dug around some, but I don't see anything coming from the android to click on.

Thanks for the response. I plugged my android into the laptop, and opened the Motorola documents and files tab. It says the folder is empty. I dug around some, but I don't see anything coming from the android to click on.
If you've been able to see your flights listed in the app, the relevant flight data is stored on the phone or tablet.
Here's a screenshot of the listing on my tablet.
Note the file address underlined in red.
i-fxghWtm-M.jpg

Right, so I should be able to get it off the phone from plugging it in to the laptop. What I'm seeing in my document folder like yours is:
This PC>Motorola1

And then there is just a blank folder that says "this folder is empty".

So I'm assuming the media (any media, phone pics, flight logs, ect) should be in the box, but for some reason there is nothing there 🤔

Update, I figured out how to make the laptop use the USB for a file transfer. My phone had it set for charging the phone instead of file transfers.

Update, I figured out how to make the laptop use the USB for a file transfer. My phone had it set for charging the phone instead of file transfers.
Good .. that saved me from a long explanation to get past that hurdle.

As Meta4 showed, the .txt file you need is on your phone. You need to copy that file to a folder you create on your computer. Hopefully, you already have your computer file folders well organized, so start a new folder/subfolder for your flight records. Once the txt file is copied to your computer then upload it to your AirData account,

As Meta4 showed, the .txt file you need is on your phone. You need to copy that file to a folder you create on your computer. Hopefully, you already have your computer file folders well organized, so start a new folder/subfolder for your flight records. Once the txt file is copied to your computer then upload it to your AirData account,
No need to copy anything ... when the phone is connected by usb cable to a computer, you can just point Airdata to the file and upload from there.

The next issue, I noticed after finding the "DJI.gov.5" file, yours has an option for "files".
Mine only had an option for "cache" when I open it.
Under "cache" is just a bunch of cache files that I can't open.

Last edited:
Which version of the Fly app are you using? If you are using a pre 1.5? version have a look at the first location mentioned on the link that Meta4 mentioned i.e.
.......\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

Last edited:
If you've been able to see your flights listed in the app, the relevant flight data is stored on the phone or tablet.
Is it, or could it be on DJI's servers?

Wondering because last night I got a message when I turned on my RC controller that the local flight log cache was full and I needed to upload the flight logs so I didn't lose any data (which I couldn't because I was in the field with no internet). Synced when I got home and assumed that would solve the problem, only for it to happen again today (again while out). Couldn't dismiss the message, couldn't do anything, had to power on drone then controller to skip it and go straight into the flight screen.

This afternoon I chatted with DJI and the nice chap walked me through syncing the data and deleting the local flight logs. But they still show up on my RC controller when I look in my profile (at least when I'm connected to the internet). All 110 flights, even though the local flight log cache is empty…

I made an account with Airdata UAV. It has a place to upload your flights.
You can apparently sync your Airdata account with your DJI account and get the data from DJI's servers, if you are syncing. Don't know how to do this myself, but apparently it's possible. (Some people like it, other's don't like the access level required.)

With my Go, Go4 and Fly Apps on a phone, the logs ONLY appear in the app's flight history if they are on the phone.
If they are on DJI servers but not on the phone then, providing the relevant app is not set up to sync, the App does not see the logs on the DJI server.
For logs on the server to become visible in the App they have to be downloaded/synced from the DJI server to the phone.

Any logs deleted from the phone disappear from the relevant App's flight history, ditto any logs moved from the phone to other storage.

Which version of the Fly app are you using? If you are using a pre 1.5? version have a look at the first location mentioned on the link that Meta4 mentioned i.e.
.......\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord
App looks like a version 1.2.1 according to my phone. When I pull up the files, I don't have an option of "flight record" though, for some reason that's missing on mine.

Edit:it suddenly decided to show up, I really have no idea why. It wasn't there yesterday when I was messing with this, and it wasn't there the first two times I tried it this morning. Unplugged the phone and plugged it back in again and now all the flight records are there for the first time. 😁

So for the next step, I need to download one of these files to my desktop, and then upload it to the AirData UAV site?

One of my earlier flights after buying the drone, exploring around a beach and abandoned resort in Mexico. Let me know if this is the correct link for people to look at, and if it worked. Or if I'm sending the wrong thing and this is not what you actually need.

A more recent flight. La Paz Mx. Do let me know if this is the correct flight log that everyone looks for when searching for problems, just in case i'm doing this incorrectly.
I'm noticing the map mentions the amps being at full, and the trail turns purple, is this a bad thing? Am I overloading it and need to lay off a bit on the throttle when I'm on a straight shot to a next spot, or does this just mean full power, but nothing hurting it? Pretty interesting seeing all the extra data.

For logs on the server to become visible in the App they have to be downloaded/synced from the DJI server to the phone.
I synced the logs, then deleted the local cache (300+ MB of data). They were still visible on the controller.

This may be a difference between the controller and a phone. Or possibly the difference is syncing?

I'll post one last one here, along with the drone clip from the vlog, so you can enjoy the results. "might have to click "watch on FB")
Thank yall for the help, let me know if there is anything I'm missing when it comes to sending flight logs, or if it is done incorrectly. Nice to finally know how to do the logs for when something goes south someday. haha

Wondering because last night I got a message when I turned on my RC controller that the local flight log cache was full and I needed to upload the flight logs so I didn't lose any data (which I couldn't because I was in the field with no internet). Synced when I got home and assumed that would solve the problem, only for it to happen again today (again while out). Couldn't dismiss the message, couldn't do anything, had to power on drone then controller to skip it and go straight into the flight screen.

This afternoon I chatted with DJI and the nice chap walked me through syncing the data and deleting the local flight logs. But they still show up on my RC controller when I look in my profile (at least when I'm connected to the internet). All 110 flights, even though the local flight log cache is empty…
The log files are not on DJI's servers unless you sync them. They are kept on the local device. You can use the Airdata app to sync from your device to the Airdata server. You can use Assistant 2 to download all your logs to your computer and then delete the logs from your device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife