HOW TO: Fly the Mavic in dual remote controller mode

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

So let's say I'm using the dual controller to teach someone to fly. They have the secondary controller and do something dangerous. Can I force the Primary controller to take over even if they are using the sticks?

Can I force the Primary controller to take over even if they are using the sticks?
Yes. Watch the video I posted above for more information.

watch the video I posted above for more information.

Yeah I did watch. I came away thinking that if I am teaching someone and they get into panic mode and keep trying to control the bird all I can do is wait for them to stop using the stick for 2 seconds. Am I mistaken about that.

My confusion is that you say the primary overrides the secondary, BUT it seems like as long as they continue using the sticks I can't take control.

Yeah I did watch. I came away thinking that if I am teaching someone and they get into panic mode and keep trying to control the bird all I can do is wait for them to stop using the stick for 2 seconds. Am I mistaken about that.

My confusion is that you say the primary overrides the secondary, BUT it seems like as long as they continue using the sticks I can't take control.
OK I watched it again. So is this true? If I stop controlling the aircraft movement for two seconds the secondary remote control CAN control the bird. However, if the primary controller sticks are moved the primary controller takes back control without the secondary controller needing to be idle for 2 seconds? This would make sense for teaching situations.

Watch again. The primary RC always has priority. The secondary remote can only control the aircraft when the primary is idle for 2 seconds (not the opposite).

Watch again. The primary RC always has priority. The secondary remote can only control the aircraft when the primary is idle for 2 seconds (not the opposite).
Thanks I get it. Sorry the 2 second thing was what confused me. This is awesome. My grandson is the kind of kid who would not stop trying to control the bird just because Grandpa asked him to. LOL Thanks again.

If you are trying to help someone learn to fly and they already have a Mavic and if you link their controller to yours as a second controller, will that affect their controller being able to control their Mavic later? Can you un-link that second controller from yours so you can each fly your own Mavic at the same time?

If you are trying to help someone learn to fly and they already have a Mavic and if you link their controller to yours as a second controller, will that affect their controller being able to control their Mavic later?
Yes. That remote controller will need to be linked to the other Mavic like this since a remote controller can only be linked to one Mavic at a time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBRO