DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a georeferenced PDF to be displayed on the map

TomHuitema

Reactions
The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has maps that they release in the form of a PDF. They are georeferenced (I can use them in Avenza Maps). I have attached an example to this thread. Since the lines on the maps are somewhat arbitrary, when I scout blocks of timber with my drone, I don't know when I've flown over the boundary, and am looking at unavailable timber. I would like to insert the georeferenced PDF map into the map in the corner, so I know where to fly.
This seems like something that would be easy, but I'm not that good with this kind of thing, and haven't found information elsewhere.

Attachments

• MU210_2020_FMP_MAP_Ops74217_00(1).PDF
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
I would like to insert the georeferenced PDF map into the map in the corner, so I know where to fly.
This seems like something that would be easy ...
DJI don't make any provision for using custom maps

Reactions: Thomas B
Have you tried converting it to an image file and bringing it into Google Earth as an overlay? That said, I am curious about georef'd PDFs... never saw that before. Thanks!

Reactions: 611WM
The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has maps that they release in the form of a PDF. They are georeferenced (I can use them in Avenza Maps). I have attached an example to this thread. Since the lines on the maps are somewhat arbitrary, when I scout blocks of timber with my drone, I don't know when I've flown over the boundary, and am looking at unavailable timber. I would like to insert the georeferenced PDF map into the map in the corner, so I know where to fly.
This seems like something that would be easy, but I'm not that good with this kind of thing, and haven't found information elsewhere.
As @Meta4 mentioned, DJI does not let you set the actual map settings. While it's not terribly difficult to add an overlay to a map, the map provider needs to access the user context and then know what map layers to overlay.

As @Meta4 mentioned, DJI does not let you set the actual map settings. While it's not terribly difficult to add an overlay to a map, the map provider needs to access the user context and then know what map layers to overlay.
Okay, thanks for the advice. Could you direct me to a thread or resource which discusses this?

Okay, thanks for the advice. Could you direct me to a thread or resource which discusses this?
For end-users, there is stuff like Use map layers - Computer - My Maps Help

For developers, it depends on the platform and development tools used.

In any case, it won't help you with the DJI apps. They are calling a map control (OS specific) and controlling how t's visualized. There's no way in for the user to customize the map with custom layers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke