DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a longer distance flight without RTH taking over.

I just saw that your user name is HFMan and I wondered if you were maybe a ham radio operator. Our frequency spectrum from 1.8khz to 29.000mhz is called the "HF" bands. That's all it was nothing more.

Pilot1, go into settings and click on the battery icon on left of settings screen. Now turn off "Smart Return to Home" this will solve your problem, but be aware that Mavic will no longer Calculate the distance from Home and battery left required to get home that initiats the RTH when this requirement is met. It is now upto you to make sure you have enough battery to get back on the distance you go from home point. Note~this does not affect the low battery setting alarms that are adjustable and also trigger a RTH.

Thank you dragonfly!!

Your advice is exactly what I did.
Had my longest flight this morning. Just a tick over 16,000 ft each way with 20% left on the landing.
Don't need to get any further-just wanted to join the 3 mile club (now if I could only join the mile high club...LOL).

I just saw that your user name is HFMan and I wondered if you were maybe a ham radio operator. Our frequency spectrum from 1.8khz to 29.000mhz is called the "HF" bands. That's all it was nothing more.

Yep- you are probably the only one I know that got the reference! Yes- I'm active on HF (well, I used to be, but I moved all the gear into my garden office 'Man Cave', and I haven't gotten all the antenna coax routed into the new digs.)

Reactions: ZUCSTA
Yep- you are probably the only one I know that got the reference! Yes- I'm active on HF (well, I used to be, but I moved all the gear into my garden office 'Man Cave', and I haven't gotten all the antenna coax routed into the new digs.)
Cool! I was very active up until I moved and still have not got my station set back up but it's coming. My call is N4DEK maybe we'll catch you on the bands sometime!

Only use HF flying over the pond but got my FCC tech license when I started fixed wing Fpv so I could use uhf long range control and higher power video transmitter. Call sign KF7VFF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J