DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Get Flying Again?

Kraquin

Reactions
Hello
Wife got me a Mavic Pro some years ago and I had it up and running using my Android phone. Life got in the way and it sat on the shelf for several years and now it seems little to nothing is compatible with it. My phone is an S20 FE which doesn't seem compatible with the software. None of the current controllers on the DJI site seem compatible with the Pro. So what's the best configuration for it today?

thanks

Reactions: Cafguy
Not sure exactly what you are asking BUT
You May need to purchase an older device ( I have an IPhone 6 just for the pro) its kinda nice to have an extra device in the case anyways.
For a controller you will need to go to Ebay. they are around the 70 dollar mark from sellers OR you can get a new one from CAMRISE DJI New York. (You can find Camrise on Ebay). for about 120.

Not sure exactly what you are asking BUT
You May need to purchase an older device ( I have an IPhone 6 just for the pro) its kinda nice to have an extra device in the case anyways.
For a controller you will need to go to Ebay. they are around the 70 dollar mark from sellers OR you can get a new one from CAMRISE DJI New York. (You can find Camrise on Ebay). for about 120.
I have the controller that came with the MavicPro and had my Android hooked up to it until it became unsupported.

So you have the iphone 6 hooked up to your MavicPro controller, correct? What software are you using?

... it seems little to nothing is compatible with it. My phone is an S20 FE which doesn't seem compatible with the software.
First of all... DJI doesn't publish their control apps for Android on Google Play anymore, haven't for several years now.

Go to DJI's own website & download the DJI GO4 app & manually install it instead, the latest version for Android is 4.3.62, it's compatible with all my Samsung devices, SGS8, SGS20+ & SGS8 Tab... will very likely work with your S20FE also.

Go here --> DJI Go 4 - Download Center - DJI

Reactions: Meta4 and Cafguy
First of all... DJI doesn't publish their control apps for Android on Google Play anymore, haven't for several years now.

Go to DJI's own website & download the DJI GO4 app & manually install it instead, the latest version for Android is 4.3.62, it's compatible with all my Samsung devices, SGS8, SGS20+ & SGS8 Tab... will very likely work with your S20FE also.

Go here --> DJI Go 4 - Download Center - DJI
Thanks

Next thing I gotta do is get new batteries ............... all 3 are bulged out.

You May need to purchase an older device
You have things backwards, he won't need an older device.
Some older phones and tablets (32 bit models) won't run the newer versions of DJI Fly.
But new more modern phones/tablets would run the software properly.

But the OP has an older drone that uses DJI Go 4 which would run on older or newer phones/tablets.
And the S20 FE is one of the most liked phones or tablets for flying as shown here:

My Iphone 6 Runs all apps from DJI. Makes a great extra screen and They are super cheap to get used. for what its worth.

I have a iPhone 11, and have a Mavic Pro now for 6 years. DJI and Apple are compatible. No problems ever with connection issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr