DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get motor data

Slymav

Reactions
I know this has been hashed through over and over but I can't seem to find the right key words.
Crashed my zoom. Lightly. Now right rear motor runs so hot it burned me. I can get to flight data but I need motor data. Amp draws etc. I want to prove its the motor and not something else. No physical damage to the eye. Not even a scratch. (I clipped the top of a 7' bush and it tumbled to the grassy lawn)

I'm not sure if you'll get motor current.
Were you looking at the TXT log or DAT log? DAT has more details.
Ideally you'd want to look at the logs on the AC itself, but unfortunately M2 and Air have them encrypted where only DJI can read them. I don't know why DJI wants to hide the data from us. They can add verification to it to ensure we haven't altered it without having encrypted it.

Others here can be more indepth.

Have you checked the motors for debris that might be inhibiting it's movement more than the others?

I know this has been hashed through over and over but I can't seem to find the right key words.
Crashed my zoom. Lightly. Now right rear motor runs so hot it burned me. I can get to flight data but I need motor data. Amp draws etc. I want to prove its the motor and not something else. No physical damage to the eye. Not even a scratch. (I clipped the top of a 7' bush and it tumbled to the grassy lawn)

If you're using DJI Go 4 App then the info you want will be in the tablet .DAT. Look here to see how to retrieve it
How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

If you're using DJI Go 3 App you'll need to retrieve the .DAT from the P3 or Inspire 1. Look here
How to retrieve a .DAT

If you're not using the DJI Go App then you may be able to retrieve the .DAT from the AC.
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
This isn't possible with the Mavic Air or Mavic 2 since those .DAT files are encrypted

He did say he crashed his Zoom, so I assume he has an M2Z. If so, may be best to move this thread to the more specific forum. At least under M2 if not Zoom specific, since they both operate the same way in reference to this topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet