DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to have a straight vidéo?

jason38

Reactions
Hello everyone!!

Just a quick one:

I noticed that when my mavic flies by the side (left or right) , the video is not straight, even if I calibrate the gimbal...

Any zone has had this problem?

Make sure the gimbal mode is set to "Follow" in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Mode.jpg

If that does not fix your problem, then please post a sample video so we can see what you're describing.

Reactions: Callum
Thank you for your answer! Yes, the gimbal is seted to "follow".

I'll post a sample later, I've no video here...

you can adjust in flight hold C2 and roll right wheel
OK! I didn't know that! I'll try it.
But it seems strange, because the gimbal is stabilized on the roll axis, so it could compensate this effect while the mavic is going on the side, no?

OK! I didn't know that! I'll try it.
But it seems strange, because the gimbal is stabilized on the roll axis, so it could compensate this effect while the mavic is going on the side, no?
agree, but for some reason it sometimes is still not level after a calibration (maybe it has to be on a 100% level surface when calibrating)

After calibration, the image is full straight, ni problèm...

When the mavic flies forward/backward/up or down, the image stay straight... Its ONLY when the mavic flies on the side... I'll post a picture later to show you!

Here are a few pics from my vids:
This one, the mavic is going film forward, and as you can see, the horizon is straight (I draw a line to compare with horizon on each pic)

On the 2nd one, mavic is going to the right

And the 3d one, the mavic is going to the left...

When the mavic is hover, the horizon is straight, and when I push the stick (fully or not) to a side, the horizon on vids is smoothly turning , like you are in airplane mode... But less, the max inclinaison is as you can see on pics...

I looked at the gimbal when I manually roll the mavic, and the gimbal responds well, the camera is rolling on its axle...

Attachments

• straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 30
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 29
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 29
you can adjust in flight hold C2 and roll right wheel
I tried yesturday to adjust the gimbal in flight , but its not working very well...

When I adjust the gimbal while flying on the side, its making it "shaky", the gimbal adjusts itself not really smoothly, so when I record a video , (first going forward or hovering and then going to a side) , if I adjust the gimbal roll when it begins to tilt, it adjusts with a jerk... Not really nice on a video... :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngH