DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to know if you are in FCC or EC mode

hey

on my last flight in Macedonia I looked into the transmission settings and couldn't see any horizontal lines. Can you tell from the picture whether it is FE or FCC?
At a distance of well over 7km the remote would still show almost 50% signal strength. So I suppose this is FCC...

hey

on my last flight in Macedonia I looked into the transmission settings and couldn't see any horizontal lines. Can you tell from the picture whether it is FE or FCC?
At a distance of well over 7km the remote would still show almost 50% signal strength. So I suppose this is FCC...

View attachment 76813
both lines are below 100 and 90 this is not FCC Mode

Reactions: BugDroid
both lines are below 100 and 90 this is not FCC Mode

having the screenshot posted here I now can see horizontal lines after all ?
but is it possible to fly distances over 7km in CE mode?
is there any list or chart available that shows the countries in which the drone would use CE or FCC mode?

having the screenshot posted here I now can see horizontal lines after all ?
is there any list or chart available that shows the countries in which the drone would use CE or FCC mode?
CE is Europe and FCC is united states. FCC is better for distance

it all depends on the place you fly if theres a lot trees buildings a lot of wifi signals distance is reduced....

ok, what about Africa? I used the mavic1 in Namibia and could fly easily over 8km. What about Asia and SOuthAmerica?

i am still a bit confused. As I said the last flight in Macedonia at a sealevel of 2000m, no trees, apparently in CE, I am sure 10km would have been possible. A few months back in Norway, sealevel maybe 200m, of course a lot of trees, nevertheless remote controller and drone was well above trees, no houses no power lines, really nothing in between... and yet around 2km I already lost connection.

ok, what about Africa? I used the mavic1 in Namibia and could fly easily over 8km. What about Asia and SOuthAmerica?

thats something you would after find out I live in UK and its CE mode

Not strictly true.

The FCC region is the USA (and maybe Canada) but outside that it'll default to CE or other regional settings. The FCC is the outlier allowing levels of power transmission other regulatory bodies have deemed problematic.

Theres FCC, MIC,SRRC,CE and FCC regions amongst other things.

The drone will use whatever regulatory power level is permitted in whatever region its flying in. Most of these standards are near or identical to each other *except* FCC.

So its not really CE == Europe. Its more like FCC applies only to the americas region and the rest of the worlds various bodies use lower ERP standards that are similar or identical to each other.

So generally, you'll be on "CE levels" even if you're not in europe assuming you're outside the US sphere of influence. In other words, most of the world.

Hello,

need some help with NLD, maybe someone already encountered this problem too !

First I used the FCC mod on my M2Pro with latest firmware and was very happy. Then I added the Boost mod, but since then I have massiv video lag and stuttering. So I decided to deactivat Boost mod... but how ? Can someone tell me how to deactivate the mods ? I reflashed with latest firmware via NLD, but I am not sure if it is deactivated now ? Parameters I stayed modified after reflash, so I am not really sure.

Thank you for help

1:44

Hello,

need some help with NLD, maybe someone already encountered this problem too !

First I used the FCC mod on my M2Pro with latest firmware and was very happy. Then I added the Boost mod, but since then I have massiv video lag and stuttering. So I decided to deactivat Boost mod... but how ? Can someone tell me how to deactivate the mods ? I reflashed with latest firmware via NLD, but I am not sure if it is deactivated now ? Parameters I stayed modified after reflash, so I am not really sure.

Thank you for help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys