DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to pack to send for repair

Phillygoat

Reactions
Does anyone know, do I just pack the drone? No props, battery, or controller, when sending to dji for repair. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Motamimi
im gonna send it alone with no battery, props, or controller, bubble wrapped to hell in a padded out cardboard box. I'm pretty sure thats ok

My experience with the P3A, based on DJI instructions, was to pack in the original box, no battery but with the controller (for testing.)
Remember to write down your serial numbers.

Maybe just ask DJI so they get everything they need to fix it quick. Not sure why u would ask here and then pick 1 of the 50 different answers.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

My experience with the P3A, based on DJI instructions, was to pack in the original box, no battery but with the controller (for testing.)
Remember to write down your serial numbers.
Maybe I'll put in the remote then, I'm sure they'll send it back even if they dint
Maybe just ask DJI so they get everything they need to fix it quick. Not sure why u would ask here and then pick 1 of the 50 different answers.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
i asked dji 2 days ago and haven't heard yet. I'm gonna choose reply #38 I think

Does anyone know, do I just pack the drone? No props, battery, or controller, when sending to dji for repair. Thanks in advance

I would say this really depends on what its going back for ? is it physical damage to the drone only ?

I would be using the original box as it is designed to protect the drone during transit.

I sent mine in the original box, with the battery and the remote. I feel like I read that's how they wanted it... I sent it with the gimbal plastic dome. It got shipped out yesterday, so we will see how long it takes for them to get back to me. Sooner than later hopefully.. I miss it already!

Reactions: Motamimi
It's physical damage to the gimble only, no other damage.

Should be the drone only with no batteries or blades, no remote.
If you can use original box all the better. If not a well padded box.

I put stickers on everything with case number and my contact details.

I read a post where they sent with no props and it was returned with props . So if your in know hurry I would send it bare , I'm sure they will put a battery in and probably diagnose through computer .
Now they might retrieve there battery or might send it back with it in and if you need a new one they might send one with controller

The worce thing that can happen is your repair may be delayed if they ask you to send the other items.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I am in the process of sending my Mavic in for repair. (Gimbal Issue). Earlier this afternoon on the webpage that I filled out for sending it in it states to send the controller with the drone. Also on that page you click on all the components you are sending in. Blades, Bag, Batteries etc. think even the complete fly more kit was one of the options. At the end after entering your address you are given a pdf file that lists what you are including in the box that I am going to include in the box. A nice thing with the Mavic and controller only - weight is at it's minimum that way FedEx or UPS doesn't make a fortune off the exchange. Now I guess I didn't read everything because I don't recall them saying anything about the box. Hmmmmm

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb