DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to play 4K video on iPad

richtroy

Reactions
I have the Apple iPad mini 4 that I use as the display while flying the Mavic Pro.
Today I put the SD card from the Mavic Pro into the Apple SD card reader for my iPad mini 4. The iPad Photos app recognized the 4K video as content that it could import, and it did the import when I selected the 4K video.
The iPad Photos app would not play the 4K video, saying it did not recognize the video format.
I downloaded the DG Player from the iPad App Store and it played the 4K video perfectly for me on my iPad mini 4.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Speedy
.mov is for iOS apple products. If it is set to MP4 it will not work unless converted. If u use apple products record in .mov.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same problem with my iPad Mini 4 and trying to play .mov 4K video files.

Reactions: Gumby
It's an issue with the iPad mini 4. My iPad Pro plays .MOV and .MP4 4K files without issue. I actually don't use .MOV anymore, since the only Apple product I own is the iPad Pro.

I have the Apple iPad mini 4 that I use as the display while flying the Mavic Pro.
Today I put the SD card from the Mavic Pro into the Apple SD card reader for my iPad mini 4. The iPad Photos app recognized the 4K video as content that it could import, and it did the import when I selected the 4K video.
The iPad Photos app would not play the 4K video, saying it did not recognize the video format.
I downloaded the DG Player from the iPad App Store and it played the 4K video perfectly for me on my iPad mini 4.

I just got the same results on my iPhone 6 Plus

Guys this is how i understand it

iPad Pro A10 processor = yes 4k is compatible
iPad mini 4 A8 processor = Maximum 2.7k compatible
iPad mini 1-2-3 with A7 processor = not sure what works

So you need iPad pro & the A10 to edit 4k on any sort of iPad

Stuart

Reactions: SxSmith
I have the same problem with my ipad air 2 and my iphone 7 plus. From camera roll is not compatible the 4k video

....The iPad Photos app would not play the 4K video, saying it did not recognize the video format.

For those that don't read the whole OP before replying. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info... I'll be looking into this DG Player app as well. Thumbswayup

Although the 4K video recorded with DJI Mavic Pro are using with compatible H.264 codec and MOV container file format, however, you will encounter other playback issue due to the unsupported frame rate, bit rate, sample rate, channels issues, etc. To fix the profile incompatible issue of Mavic Pro 4K with iPad series, you can turn to help with a 4K video converter app to tweak the source video files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito