DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to put Mavic Pro into full manual mode?

Not sure what you are asking. With the MP it is either GPS or Atti mode. The easy way to get to Atti is cover the rear end with aluminum foil.

Not sure what you are asking. With the MP it is either GPS or Atti mode. The easy way to get to Atti is cover the rear end with aluminum foil.
Been told that you can put it into full manual mode ie: no stabilization electronics apart from what's required for flight. If I want to roll more than 45degrees to the right and go into a roll? see the point I am trying to make, you need to be in full manual mode! More like a racing drone!

Reactions: Gindra
Been told that you can put it into full manual mode ie: no stabilization electronics apart from what's required for flight. If I want to roll more than 45degrees to the right and go into a roll? see the point I am trying to make, you need to be in full manual mode! More like a racing drone!
Unaware of the “full manual” mode you have “Been told” is available on DJI drones. You likely need another brand or to build your own.

Reactions: charliesRig
Unaware of the “full manual” mode you have “Been told” is available on DJI drones. You likely need another brand or to build your own.
Yeah, I thought that but it was on another forum that said look on here. Thanks anyway... I wouldn't go putting aluminum foil on the back end as stated by Mossiback . Ha Ha Ha.

not sure why you find the foil idea so funny,it is a legit way to block the GPS module from locking on to any sats ,and in certain indoor flying situations it helps keep the mav in Atti mode

You could put a P2V into Manuel mode in the assistant and tried it, was like standing on a ball.
I wouldn't even think of trying it with my Mavic's.I would just get a racing drone .

Can anybody shed any light on how I can put my Mavic into full Manual mode? Not GPS or Atti but Manual mode?
Fswitch=0

You can map it to the sport mode switch: fswitch[1]=0(recommended)

Or to the P-GPS switch:
fswitch[2]=0
You’ll need Assistant 1.1.2 and enable debug mode

You can find more information on how to do this on start [dji.retroroms.info]

I have Assistant 1.1.2 installers saved here

Windows
Mac

My windows version comes with instructions and the file you need to switch out to enable debug mode

I don't think that is possible with the MP. Folks have modded the parameters to allow more tilt angle for faster speeds but if the MP is flipped on its side the motors will shut off.
Not in manual mode and you can turn the parameter which shuts off the motors if it flips off anyway.

You can do flips and barrel rolls in manual mode if you are good enough at it.

There's three modes of flight control:
GPS
VPS
ATTI.

ATTI is not natively available on the M1 except if there's a flight control issue but as was stated you can map it to Tripod or Sport mode.

I wouldn't advise blocking the GPS receiver. Unlike user controllable ATTI where only FC ignores GPS/VPS, without GPS at all you won't be able to back out of ATTI, nor would you be able to see where you are on the map. RTH is also out of the question.

There's three modes of flight control:
GPS
VPS
ATTI.

ATTI is not natively available on the M1 except if there's a flight control issue but as was stated you can map it to Tripod or Sport mode.

I wouldn't advise blocking the GPS receiver. Unlike user controllable ATTI where only FC ignores GPS/VPS, without GPS at all you won't be able to back out of ATTI, nor would you be able to see where you are on the map. RTH is also out of the question.
GPS
VPS
ATTI
Manual

You can RTH in manual mode just like ATTI if you don’t crash first ?

Fswitch=0

You can map it to the sport mode switch: fswitch[1]=0(recommended)

Or to the P-GPS switch:
fswitch[2]=0
You’ll need Assistant 1.1.2 and enable debug mode

You can find more information on how to do this on start [dji.retroroms.info]

I have Assistant 1.1.2 installers saved here

Windows
Mac

My windows version comes with instructions and the file you need to switch out to enable debug mode
Thanks very much Brett8883 that's just the right info I was after. I will be editing the file on my Mac and have seen a how 2 file on this. I will let you all know how long I stay in the air before it has a heavy arrival! :cool:

Reactions: Gindra
I have a Hubsan 501s that switches from GPS to ATTI to Manual. I practice flying in ATTI or Manual with this inexpensive drone. Under $200. Manual does allow for flips and rolls but is REALLY scary. Makes ATTI look easy. The Hubsan controller has a toggle switch that will put the bird back into GPS instantly. Really helpful.

Good luck with Manual on your Mavic. Please give us update on how it goes.

Reactions: Tankertel
I HAVE M2P AND WINDOWS 10 AND I CANT CONNECT TO dji Assistant 2 any one knows why?
your help will be the best for me

Manual should be interesting with the centering left stick on the mavic controller — I’m not sure how the mavic will react when stick is centered

Reactions: Tankertel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan