DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to record a video like this?

mfimclutch

Reactions
Hi yall, this may be a super noob question but how exactly is this done on the Mavic Pro?Instagram post by Jonathan Hoang • Mar 17, 2017 at 1:34pm UTC

I am not sure how he did it but as he flies away from the camera it seems to stay focused on him as he zooms out and away. The only way I have sorta been able to replicate this is by using Tripod Mode and slowly pushing back and raising the Mavic myself - however based on the speed he is using it doesn't seem like Tripod mode is being used. I will be hiking later this week and wanted to do something similar so any advice would be great. Thanks yall!

You can always tilt the gimbal towards yourself and fly up and out and you should be able to get this shot nicely. Even if you take this with tripod more, you can speed up sections of the video when editing it. Dosent hurt to practice :)

It could be in tripod mode and sped up via editing software

Definitely not this... unless you've told everyone to move extra slowly so when you speed it up in post your movements look like you're moving in real time.

You'd be surprised how easy a lot of these simple moves are executed with a little practice. This one especially, throttle up (half stick), pitch down (half stick). This move is actually very hard to get wrong.

If you want to do it without the remote in your hands, then 2 waypoints does it. Set speed to max.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki