DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to record audio on mini mavic?

How to record audio on mini mavic?
Pls, thanks

I want to record audio directly on mini mavic?

On am Mavic 2 or Mavic Pro or even a Phantom this can be done with a Zoom Recorder however on the MINI the weight is an issue .

The Adobe audtion software will take the motor noise right out but its the added weight you will struggle with on the Mini

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

I put either a normal videocam or a zoom-recorder on a tripod and start it before I take of, then just let it run for the entire time I fly. That way, I have a clean sound of the environment (birds, wind, waves etc) with only at the moment of take-off the sound of the drone.

What about a pre-owned GoPro Session? Easily velcroed on the under body and very little additional weight. Attached facing down, you would also get a video in the straight down perspective.

What about a pre-owned GoPro Session? Easily velcroed on the under body and very little additional weight. Attached facing down, you would also get a video in the straight down perspective.

Go Pro is great idea however at 116 grams , its to much for the Mini.

Go Pro is great idea however at 116 grams , its to much for the Mini.
The GoPro session only weighs 73 grams. Might still be a little heavy though on the MM.

Attachments

• A5FD0FDE-624B-427F-BE2D-41601E93920D.jpeg
    A5FD0FDE-624B-427F-BE2D-41601E93920D.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I use a screen recorder app to record the environment into which I operate.

Sound recorder in a drone I am afraid wouldn't be very useful, prop sound would easily overcome everything background.

Reactions: CareyL and Chipuav
You only hear the motors and props.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
The GoPro session only weighs 73 grams. Might still be a little heavy though on the MM.
The 808 #16 camera captures 720p video with audio and only weighs about 17 grams. I'd rather not add any weight to the Mini, but since all you would hear is the motor whine, you'd only have to do it once and then you could use the same audio for all your videos. ;) Thumbswayup

I use a screen recorder app to record the environment into which I operate.

Sound recorder in a drone I am afraid wouldn't be very useful, prop sound would easily overcome everything background.

Prop sound is easily taken out of the equation using Adobe Software and works well but its an extra step in the editing but the weight is the issue on this particular drone .,,.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratfink11
You could attach a small audio recorder, similar to this to your MM...you'll have to sync the sound in editing but this could be a useful option:
1581713495058.png

Did you want to record the sound of buzzing propellers? I can't see you're going to get much more than that if the microphone is placed on the drone.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Since there is no mic on the mini and prop noise is an issue, I simultaneously take video with another cell phone and do a Multicam sync in Final Cut Pro. It takes a bit off effort but works fine for me.

Prop sound is easily taken out of the equation using Adobe Software and works well but its an extra step in the editing but the weight is the issue on this particular drone .,,.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal.

Yes... Its called noise background reduction/filters... Dolby has been doing it for 50 years....It works excellent. End results are clear crisp sounds that you want.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000