DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to record phone screen with stats while flying?

Many video demonstrations show the phone screen indicating distance, height, speed, mode, etc. How do you do that? I have an iPhone 6sPlus.
Go to settings, Control Center, Customize Controls, scroll down till you see Screen Recording, press the green plus to add it to your control Center.
From the home screen swipe up Press and hold the screen record icon and wait for the countdown.
I live-streamed all the time on Periscope and sometimes I include the telemetry screen for my viewers to enjoy.

Question.... I have an app installed on my android tablet which allows me to record the screen (works great), but once there is no internet connection (which I will not have out in the field), the app no longer works.
Seems as though you need internet data for it to work.
Does anyone know if there is a screen recorder app that can work when using offline?
Thanks for any feedback.
Cheers

Question.... I have an app installed on my android tablet which allows me to record the screen (works great), but once there is no internet connection (which I will not have out in the field), the app no longer works.
Seems as though you need internet data for it to work.
Does anyone know if there is a screen recorder app that can work when using offline?
Thanks for any feedback.
Cheers
Check out AZ Screen recorder.

I have an iPhone 6sPlus.

vindibona1, I have a Mavic Mini with its own phone - an iphone 6+ that was removed from my cellular carrier (Verizon) when I upgraded to the iphone 11. My other kit is a Mavic Pro hooked to a much newer ipad. I screen record and fly on that kit without problems. But the iphone 6+ CPU gets maxed out very easily when trying to screen record while flying. This is especially true in hot weather. If you don't need the audio, the cpu load is less, but then what's the point? Your 6s may perform a little better, but keep an eye out for the warning that appears in the upper left of your Go Fly screen. Once your CPU is completely loaded, scary things can start to happen, including sluggish response on the screen. Nobody likes that...

Best of luck with this. Let us know which solution works best for you.

Cheers

vindibona1, I have a Mavic Mini with its own phone - an iphone 6+ that was removed from my cellular carrier (Verizon) when I upgraded to the iphone 11. My other kit is a Mavic Pro hooked to a much newer ipad. I screen record and fly on that kit without problems. But the iphone 6+ CPU gets maxed out very easily when trying to screen record while flying. This is especially true in hot weather. If you don't need the audio, the cpu load is less, but then what's the point? Your 6s may perform a little better, but keep an eye out for the warning that appears in the upper left of your Go Fly screen. Once your CPU is completely loaded, scary things can start to happen, including sluggish response on the screen. Nobody likes that...

Best of luck with this. Let us know which solution works best for you.

Cheers

@CentralVAphoto - I like your point about turning off the audio if necessary when screen capturing. Hadn't thought of that.

Another option, you might lighten the CPU's load by turning off the low resolution video files caching to the phone and get the full sized files after flight from the card.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu