DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to remove DJI Go on CS?

johnbirt

Reactions
My CS boot page gives 3 options one of which is settings the other 2 are DJI GO and DJI GO 4.

I have no idea what GO does other than freeze my CS big time. On the 2 occasions I selected it I was given the option of cancel or OK to some update which would prevent use of simulator and run DJI GO 4 in the background. Didn't matter what was selected the result was essentially the same - locked on that page doing nothing and no way out. I had to disconnect from the controller and power off the craft and reboot. I checked again with same behaviour.

I am not fond of Android OS so have limited knowledge of its internals. However I was unable to find DJI GO in the apps listed in order to disable or remove it.

Could someone explain please what DJI GO is supposed to do when not locking my CS? Do I need it? Can I remove it? I am suspecting it is actually an option in GO 4?

Would be very grateful for advice please.

I just got this far earlier when the forum software told me there was "a security issue" and I needed to refresh the page hence losing 10 minutes typing. Hope this survives. I have just copied it so if the POST button declines again I will have a third chance. Never come across that ever before. Not my day really as another post earlier today has not appeared.

My CS boot page gives 3 options one of which is settings the other 2 are DJI GO and DJI GO 4.

I have no idea what GO does other than freeze my CS big time. On the 2 occasions I selected it I was given the option of cancel or OK to some update which would prevent use of simulator and run DJI GO 4 in the background. Didn't matter what was selected the result was essentially the same - locked on that page doing nothing and no way out. I had to disconnect from the controller and power off the craft and reboot. I checked again with same behaviour.

I am not fond of Android OS so have limited knowledge of its internals. However I was unable to find DJI GO in the apps listed in order to disable or remove it.

Could someone explain please what DJI GO is supposed to do when not locking my CS? Do I need it? Can I remove it? I am suspecting it is actually an option in GO 4?

Would be very grateful for advice please.

I just got this far earlier when the forum software told me there was "a security issue" and I needed to refresh the page hence losing 10 minutes typing. Hope this survives. I have just copied it so if the POST button declines again I will have a third chance. Never come across that ever before. Not my day really as another post earlier today has not appeared.
hi you do not say where you are based or what drone you are flying basically the DJI GO app is used for drones before the Phantom 4 and the DJI GO 4 app is for everything else from the phantom 4 onwards including all the mavics hope this helps

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks Thomas.

That clears part of the problem. The CS is currently used with a Mavic Air and possibly a Mavic 2 Pro will get an outing with it but I have a smart controller for that so rarely I guess. Based in the UK.
Now I just need to know how the GO got there when I don't need it and more to the point how to remove the pesky critter as it sure doesn't like my CS..

when you get the three options just choose DJI GO4 and then it should not affect your CS it is just giving you an option depending on what drone you are using,not sure if it can be deleted as i probably came built in to the operating system but could be wrong on that

probably came built in to the operating system[ /QUOTE]

Indeed I suspect it is part of GO 4. I certainly can't find it as an isolated app to disable/remove. I will just have to be careful I don't select the wrong GO!

As Old Man Mavic said, Go is for the older Phantoms, Go 4 is for the newer ones. They are similar, but one is not needed for the other.
I have a P3A, and an M2Z so I need both apps and can't have my devices always use one. If I get rid of my P3, then I can uninstall the older Go.
Airmap is another app that supposedly you can use to fly DJI products but I haven't tried that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo