DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to remove the nd filter from the drone

dronecrasher

Reactions
Hi, I put the ND16 on yesterday but am unable to take it off. Am I missing something ? Is there somewhere an official installation guide?

thanks

This right here. I keep reading about people having trouble with it but I’ve changed mine many times now with no issues.
Me too. Very first change was hard but then it was fine.

Use a nitrile glove, it keeps fingerprints off of it and improves grip until it breaks in.

Hopefully it’s not cross-threaded.

Reactions: Slade
The trick is indeed in "pinch" it a little and then turn it anti clockwise. Without the pinching it is harder to do. But be aware not to break the ND glass while pinching too hard!

Hi, I put the ND16 on yesterday but am unable to take it off. Am I missing something ? Is there somewhere an official installation guide?

thanks
You were lucky to get the stock frame off in the first place. I and many others still cannot get it off, no matter how well we execute the appropriate technique! I own three Mavic 2's that operate the same way, and they all come off very easily. The MA2 just will not release the frame. Either the spring mechanism is missing or was crushed during assembly, and there is really nothing to grab onto to remove the frame.

• Wow
Reactions: Slade

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569