DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOW TO: Replace Mavic Pro gimbal ribbon cable (detailed instructions)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Here's a detailed video from iRepairMD that shows how to replace the Mavic Pro gimbal ribbon cable (from start to finish):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Note: The DJI warranty states the Mavic warranty could be voided if any work is done by a non-authorized service provider (which includes yourself). If that's not a risk you're willing to take, then you should send your Mavic to a DJI Service Center or authorized service provider instead of attempting to do the work yourself.

NEVER EVER EVER use a metal tool on a connector unless you want bent pins. He does it so many times, its amazing that he didnt pinch the ribbon which is the most fragile part of the whole drone aside from the LVDS.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Reactions: Former Member
Funny jokes guys. Not interested in recommending a better tool @Thunderdrones?

It's likely real since there are lots of other cameras on eBay selling around that price. I don't think they are brand new though. They were likely stripped from used Mavics.

Looks to me more like a clone (the listing says "new"), which makes me uncomfortable (will it perform as well as a real DJI product?)...anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried one.

I've never seen a cloned Mavic Pro camera/gimbal.

Some of the other listings that are priced similarly are for a new item and mention in the description that the parts are pulled from a used aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v4nnny