DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

My condolences, man. I'm on .700 as well, but considering some sort of .900 (or slightly higher) hybrid if it improves the function of my goggles without losing precision landing. The new Quickshots gimmicks are fine, but not necessary. Both 1.04.0000 and 1.04.0100 are banned from my premises. Well, actually, the 6 files (MP, RC, Goggles) have been archived into a .Zip file in case they're ever necessary for some reason, but this keeps them out of reach of an accidental "upgrade".

:(

I'm gonna try to update mavic and RC to 1.04.000 to see if i get any improvement of the compatibility... at least i can go back from 1.04.000!

Reactions: Hotelone
1.04.0100 on the Mavic cannot be downgraded (yet; it's being addressed) but this is the first I've heard of the same for goggles and I think you're the first I've heard of taking goggles to that latest version.

It's evil, but it makes sense that DJI would install the same evil in versions for all devices if possible. I think you're stuck for now, but stand by. A little searching will root out blogs and status info with future updates to come.

My condolences, man. I'm on .700 as well, but considering some sort of .900 (or slightly higher) hybrid if it improves the function of my goggles without losing precision landing. The new Quickshots gimmicks are fine, but not necessary. Both 1.04.0000 and 1.04.0100 are banned from my premises. Well, actually, the 6 files (MP, RC, Goggles) have been archived into a .Zip file in case they're ever necessary for some reason, but this keeps them out of reach of an accidental "upgrade".

If it were me in your situation, I'd sit tight and not change anything until more research results are available.

Mixed .900 firmware with .700 305_306 modules does works with Precision landing ?

Not working for .1000 with .700 305_306 or 04.0000 with .700 305_306

Yes.

The strange thing is that unmodded .700 can use the Precision landing normally ( .400 also i presume)

I live in a DJI Yellow NFZ while i can fly freely at 50m.... but DJI lock that.
So NFZ unlock parameters is a good thing for me.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
And all advanced flight modes works correctly with modded firmware ? ( eg fixed wings, active track, follow me, .... )

That's great !

I can live without Precision landing (it's a great feature for demo) but i don't use RTH. I the function fail one time, the Mavic can fly away... for me RTH is a failsafe function only.

And for pano mode i use Litchi, so V01.04.0100 fw is not for me ;)

I can live without Precision landing (it's a great feature for demo) but i don't use RTH. I the function fail one time, the Mavic can fly away... for me RTH is a failsafe function only.

Exactly, it's a failsafe only, but when **** hits the fan, precisely landing on a pad it took off from, instead of 1m off, can make a difference between a no-event and broken props and gimbal. Since I never had any desire/need to fly in any NFZ, I chose .900.

Wanted to do a FW backup to confirm that I could upload a different version (I'm on 01.04.0000).
Using DUMLdore v2.0, I failed miserably, getting backup bin file about 20kB only.

Finally found the remedy: for x32 Windows user (like me!) please follow this link:
backup firmware can't work properly · Issue #21 · jezzab/DUMLdore · GitHub

I've just completed the backup and got the following files:
AC bin: 105 MB (110,151,680 bytes)
RC bin: 133 MB (140,144,640 bytes)*

EDIT
Finally managed to grab the two "Web Bin" (RC/AC) and compared content with my "backup Bin" using Z-zip.
=> AC Bin (Web & Backup) are strictly identical
=> RC "backup bin" contains both the Web RC + Web AC bin files [hence the larger file].

Last edited:
Sorry there is someone who with the mavic platinum rollback to 0.700 from 1.4.000

Positive.

Tested today Fixed Wings with modded V01.04.0000 and .400 305_306.
Don't works at all.
DJI GO works, the function is available but the Mavic don't turn (only the FPV view inclinate it) and the Mavic don't moving forward as an aircraft...

Mute low battery warning also is broken.

The function was ok with non modded firmware.

Last edited:
Tested today Fixed Wings with modded V01.04.0000 and .400 305_306.
Don't works at all.
DJI GO works, the function is available but the Mavic don't turn (only the FPV view inclinate it) and the Mavic don't moving forward as an aircraft...

Fixed Wing works, but is quite picky in terms of speed, must be not too low not too high. Not sure if this is due to modded FW or normal. Not sure if I like fixed wing anymore anyway, because camera pitch is not adjustable, it just points camera too high than I want.

Fixed Wing works, but is quite picky in terms of speed, must be not too low not too high. Not sure if this is due to modded FW or normal. Not sure if I like fixed wing anymore anyway, because camera pitch is not adjustable, it just points camera too high than I want.
I think locking the camera pitch is necessary for fixed-wing, because it gives you a horizon frame-of-reference relative to the Mavic, similar to an airplane. Imagine pitching the camera down 30 degrees - can you tell by looking whether the Mavic is climbing or descending?

Imagine pitching the camera down 30 degrees - can you tell by looking whether the Mavic is climbing or descending?

Yeah, but it's the same when you're flying manually. I would much prefer if I can point the camera in "rule of thirds" way: sky is upper third, ground two thirds below. Makes much more visually interesting footage than the boring half-n-half.

I think locking the camera pitch is necessary for fixed-wing, because it gives you a horizon frame-of-reference relative to the Mavic, similar to an airplane. Imagine pitching the camera down 30 degrees - can you tell by looking whether the Mavic is climbing or descending?

Th pitch is adjustable in firmware .900 and above.
With .400 305_306 fixed wing can't operate really.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito