DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Backup feature is very useful to test the communication with DUMLdore.
IMHO, it should be the very first test.
If you can't backup don't even think about loading/flashing.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Incorrect. Backup needs stuff that isn't used for flashing (so it may fail while flashing would be no issue), and doesn't use part of what's important for flashing. It isn't representative of anything useful really.

If something needed for flashing doesn't work you'll get an error and nothing will happen, easy. No risk.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I read the beginning pages of this thread and about the last 10 pages. I have a Platinum with 1.40.0100 firmware. If I add the internal SIM card can I roll back to .700 firmware or a hybrid firmware? Somebody mentioned a guy rolled his Platinum back to .700 Any idea who this is so I can send them a PM to get more info?

I fly in the mountains so there is really only one thing I want to change.

I've posted a commo problem with Dumldore to the Firmware and Software Discussion group that I probably should have posted here. I don't want to double post, so I'll just ask folks to check it out and see if you have suggestions. Thanks..............R

Here's an odd question for you guys. So does anyone know how to spot the manufacter date based on information on the box? My wife got me a Mavic just before Thanksgiving and I, like an idiot, updated everything without any knowledge of the fact that we'd be moving to Northern VA next month...effectively GEOlocking me out of flying in my own backyard. So I'm going to try and hunt down an older model with modable firmware but I want to make sure I'm getting the right one?

Normally I'd just wait for a crack on the current firmware but from what I've read, DJI locked it down fairly well.

Here's another question you guys might have some input on. What do you think the likelihood would be that the current firmware ever actually gets cracked? The last time I followed a piece of hardwares private modding community this deeply was my PSP back in the day...so I'm not so sure what the history of Mavic hacking looks like. Does it seem hopeful or is someone on the latest firmware hoping to see a crack just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

Incorrect. Backup needs stuff that isn't used for flashing (so it may fail while flashing would be no issue), and doesn't use part of what's important for flashing. It isn't representative of anything useful really.

If something needed for flashing doesn't work you'll get an error and nothing will happen, easy. No risk.

I need ideas for a communication problem while trying to flash 3.700 to the RC. I've successfully used DUMLdore-2 to rollback FW on AC from 3.900 to 3.700. Have downloaded the 3.700 zipped BIN file for the RC and unzipped it (double checked to make sure I'm asking for the RC firmware). Connected RC to PC, powered up both RC and AC (that's the process called for in my DJI owner documentation for connecting Assistant2 to RC), launched Assistant2 to check for connection, and it hooks up fine. Shutdown Assistant2, launched DUMLdore and it initially reports connected on COM4. Made sure DUMLdore is set for RC. Tried Backup FW, and it fails with a time out in about 5-10 seconds and no longer shows a connection. Have to repeat the whole start up process to re-connect, and this time check for setting to RC and go straight to load FW and Flash without trying Backup. It appears to Load but gets another timeout after 5-10 seconds when it tries to flash. Again shows no connection after the timeout. Have tried re-downloading and unzipping both DUMLdore and FW bin files for 3.700 for RC. Also have use both 7-zip and Winzip for unzipping. 7-zip reports an unexpected end while unzipping the RC bin file, but Winzip does not. Unzipped executables from both 7-zip and Winzip produce the same appearance and time out performance while running DUMLdore with the 3.700 RC FW.

Am out of gas on ideas and trial/error. Am hoping some of the experts can hold my hand through the connection problem. TIA......... R

Forgot to include: Am running Windows 10, RNDIS is configured with IP address to communicate with the MP (Thank You HalloweenHamster), shutdown AVG antivirus and Windows Defender, and run DUMLdore as Administrator.

Try connecting to the FTP with a client/browser. If that doesn't work you've got a network config problem. Post screenshots of network settings if it's the case.

Forgot to include: Am running Windows 10, RNDIS is configured with IP address to communicate with the MP (Thank You HalloweenHamster), shutdown AVG antivirus and Windows Defender, and run DUMLdore as Administrator.
Darnit; the RNDIS config was going to be my suggestion to you (that turned out to be my problem); best wishes tracking it down - from personal experience I know it can be a bear, but with help I got there and smooth sailing since.

For RC you don't need AC on, are you using DUMLdore 2.0? Do you connect USB to RC & PC before powering RC?

Mercy -- I've got it done, and I'm not certain what the main problem was. Some observations:
-- I have two RNDIS ports. To see both of them you have to "Show Hidden Devices" in Device Manager. One had been configured earlier with the IP address required for flashing the AC, but DUMLdore insisted on logging onto the other one for flashing the RC. I configured both RNDIS drivers the same way, and DUMLdore2 loaded/flashed on the next try with no time outs.
-- I was clumsy handling the unzipping of the RC download, and didn't understand what I had where. When the AC bin file is unzipped, you get an application executable along with several helper files, and I had "Loaded" that application file into DUMLdore2 when I flashed the AC. But when the RC bin file is unzipped, all you get are four *.sig files which are not executable. This last time I loaded/flashed the RC, I just pointed DUMLdore2 at the RC bin file to load, and it went right to completion in about 10 minutes.

BTW - Halloweenhamster's comment is right, i.e., the AC does not have to be powered up to connect the PC to the RC. Don't understand with DJI said to do it that way ("Using DJI Assistant" in the Appendix of my V1.6 User Manual).

And both Kilrah and PT_Mavic called it right that the RNDIS config was not right.

THANKS ALL. Maybe this thread will shorten somebody else's journey. Best regards............ R

Reactions: PT_Mavic
Congratulations on working your way through to a solution, modbuilder! Mine was a bear to figure out as well, so I know how good it feels to put it behind you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser