DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

@Kestrel Not sure if you have yours or are awaiting delivery as anything delivered now should indeed be 08QDE unless it has been on the shelf for while? If you actually have it what are the next two characters? Should be a 1 or 2 followed by anything between 1 and W for the day of month.

So far the date schema is looking good. None of the dates I have calculated from part serials fall on a weekend which bodes well.

PS if anyone else wants to pass on their xxx characters as in the three after 08QDxxx

it would be good. They seem to just represent a build date so safe enough to reveal IMO.

I have owned these two Mavics
D9T 2016 Sept 28 <== Ordered in first fewdays of release
DC1 2016 Dec 01 <== refurb received this week

..and have a list of about a dozen other part serials. Need a few more xxx characters to verify it does really represent the date.

Last edited:
@Kestrel Not sure if you have yours or are awaiting delivery as anything delivered now should indeed be 08QDE unless it has been on the shelf for while? If you actually have it what are the next two characters? Should be a 1 or 2 followed by anything between 1 and W for the day of month.

So far the date schema is looking good. None of the dates I have calculated from part serials fall on a weekend which bodes well.
The Next two are 29 the last two letters are FJ.

Cool so E29 = 2017 Feb 9 so that gels. Also a week day.

FJ at the end could mean it was the 559th built that day but just a wild guess.

Feb 7 so your is very new and wont have the problem.

Feb 7 so your is very new and wont have the problem.
Thanks, I just got mine on Feb 16th. I haven't test it outside yet. But inside I noticed my DJI GO 4 app video feed lags and the video on the micro sd card is pixelated. I'm using Samsung note 3 and mavic has latest firmware. I set to 1080 at 30 fps and didnt clear any. I searched online, youtube, and posted in another thread about my issue no help yet.

Thanks, I just got mine on Feb 16th. I haven't test it outside yet. But inside I noticed my DJI GO 4 app video feed lags and the video on the micro sd card is pixelated. I'm using Samsung note 3 and mavic has latest firmware. I set to 1080 at 30 fps and didnt clear any. I searched online, youtube, and posted in another thread about my issue no help yet.
Try enabling developer mode and USB debugging, it helps with the lag.
Regards,
-d.

I'm in UK and ordered FMC direct from DJI 16 February and received the next day.
x - E
xx - 2
xxx - 6
xxxx - 0
y - 1
yy - 9
yyy - 4

Mine is number DBR which would equate to 11/27/2016. However, 11/27 is on a Sunday -overtime?

Was looking at some Phantom serials to totally confuse the issue.
1 unit - S/N - 07DDDSQ0B13240
2 unit - S/N - 07DDD5F0B0B10645
3rd unit - S/N - 07DDD5M0A11606
4th unit - S/N - 07DDD5H0A10313
5th unit - S/N - 07DDD5H0A11350

They are actually printed on the device as two separate 7 digit strings. Fair bet 07 = Phantom whereas 08 = Mavic. But lets say we split our serials in half in the same way.

So instead of 08QDxxxx120yyy

08QDxxx
y120yzz

xxx = year/month/date
y y = variations such as fly more or some such as these two fields only have 0s 1s or As.
zz = sequence on build date.

Sort of works with a base-36 conversion. Only snag is @gbracer08 has a xxx = DBV which would translate to a build of 31 Nov 2017. Nov of course has 30 days. BUT he say's... What if "O" is not used as appears to be the case then, it would work. 30 Nov 2017. Thoughts?
DDBV01201JB Fly More Package

Ordered my fly more package from DJI on Feb 13th, I received it on Feb 23rd.

So looks like Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 correct? Guess they are shipping these out as soon as they can make them and package them up. I'm still waiting on all my additional accessories though that I purchased with my Fly More Package.

35281293995eff19c5a66e76afe4e6b3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is number DBR which would equate to 11/27/2016. However, 11/27 is on a Sunday -overtime?
11/26 actually as letter O is not used. So Saturday.

You're right, DBR it looks like it was on a Saturday.
Thanks

Now all we need is someone to write a online script so that users can plug in their serial numbers and know exactly when their mavic was built and if the model has any known defects like cable twisting etc.

Rob

Reactions: _milo_
Won't the fact that the Chinese alphabet is different from English affect any translation attempts?

Last edited:
Doubt the Chinese alphabet is used.

The hypothetical translations are all plausible so far. They all tie in closely with purchase and order dates and I have yet to find one 3 letter combo that does not place the derived date in between order and delivery where they are known to me.

08QDxxx ........

YEAR
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
I = 18
J = 19
K = 20
L = 21
M = 22
N = 23
O = NOT Used as O and 0 can be confused.
P = 24
Q = 25
R = 26
S = 27
T = 28
U = 29
V = 30
W = 31

It is seemingly a slight variation on a known Base36 calendar called RickDate
But I am totally open to other suggestion if someone can find something else that fits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143