DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

Nice job with this! Have we found out yet when DJI started twisting the motor wires?

Now all we need is someone to write a online script so that users can plug in their serial numbers and know exactly when their mavic was built and if the model has any known defects like cable twisting etc.

Rob

Something like this?
I just threw this together. It's very RAW at the moment and may or may not work as expected. There is no error checking yet, either.

We could start building off of this with information about issues, etc.

Please let me know if you find any issues...

I'll spend some more time with it over the weekend...

Last edited:
Ordered jan15th... received ~Jan 25th uk. S/N 08QDE1B012017G
That should be 17 model built on 1/11 (I think) That also means it was put together on a Wednesday,which some people say is the best day of the workweek.

Yup. Looks awesome. Just go ahead and correct the small typo. Change "You Mavic Pro" to "Your Mavic Pro"

Something like this?
I just threw this together. It's very RAW at the moment and may or may not work as expected. There is no error checking yet, either.

We could start building off of this with information about issues, etc.

Please let me know if you find any issues...

I'll spend some more time with it over the weekend...

Looks great. Now all you need is a few other lines like:

Yours was the XXX unit manufactured that day
Your Mavic (does not have) / (has) the motor wire modifications.

It is looking good so far.

Rob

Looks great. Now all you need is a few other lines like:

Yours was the XXX unit manufactured that day
Your Mavic (does not have) / (has) the motor wire modifications.

It is looking good so far.

Rob

I'll start building a database of issues as best that I can (and as I have time).

So, if anybody has any known issues of batches or month, or when a specific change or modification was made, let me know and I'll start adding in...

Great job to those who work hard on figuring this out. A database of issues is great idea.

I applaud all this work but has anyone actually asked DJI to explain their serial numbers before this thread gets to double digits? Given DJI'S customer service record I am assuming they were asked and refused?

Last edited:
According to the site, mine was manufactured on 10 November 2016 and had a gimbal issue with shaky video. Being repaired at the moment as I initially just put up with it but it slowly got worse.

Reactions: FirstKlass
That should be 17 model built on 1/11 (I think) That also means it was put together on a Wednesday,which some people say is the best day of the workweek.

Thanks Starz... that's what I calculated also... no issues so far so some people might be right !

Seems fairly likely that we have established the date coding. It could be out by one day though, if 0=1.

For the rest of it, I still like the idea of seeing the serial broken down in to two 7 character strings, as used to be stamped on older models. In this way the serial can readily be broken down in to two sections. The first half being for Model Variant info which is largely common. Second half effectively creates a unique designator for each unit, in an eloquent manner that does not divulge total build quantity.

upload_2017-3-4_20-34-37.png

Row 1 Spot 1 = DJI model No (Base10), because DJI will make more than 9 models. Mavic v3 in 2019 might be “11 so 1 will go here instead of 0.
Row 1 Spot 2 = DJI model No (base10)
Row 1 Spot 3 = a Mavic Characteristic
Row 1 Spot 4 = a Mavic Characteristic

Row 1 Spot 5 = Year D = 2016 E = 2107
Row 1 Spot 6 = Month (Base36)
Row 1 spot 7 = Day (Modified Base36) to exclude letter O due potential confusion with 0. Also we may be off by one day here with dates, if 0 starts appearing in any of the serial numbers at this position.

Row 2 Spot 1 = A variation that has occurred at least twice so far. Characters A 0 1 seen here so not likely Base36.
Row 2 Spot 2 = a Mavic Characteristic
Row 2 Spot 3 = a Mavic Characteristic
Row 2 Spot 4 = a Mavic Characteristic

Row 2 Spot 5 = Build Sequence number (multiplier 2, Base36) - max possible 46665
Row 2 Spot 6 = Build Sequence number (multiplier, Base36) - max possible 1295
Row 2 spot 7 = Build Sequence number (Base36) - max possible 35

More on Row 2 Spot 1. I have seen 2 x letter "A" here in amongst other early builds that all had "0" in here. All others have a "0" here except my most recent unit dated 20 Jan which has a "1" in here. It is feasible that this is the wiring switch, but I doubt it. If the schema I suggest is close to correct, this is the only position that could indicate build variations. All the other positions are either constant so far, or are used to record date and sequence number. So it could be for rear wire twist, bundle type (Flymore etc), or some other obscurity.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirrraj and liebowa
So if you are interested in helping decode this, please either post or PM me characters 5,6,7 & 8 from your serial number & answer a couple of Questions. It should help us to sort this out.

upload_2017-3-5_12-52-6.png

Post digits 5 to 8 of your serial number which tells me build date & variation. This does not divulge your serial as I do not need the last 3 characters (z z z) which give a unique sequence number on each date. Just the portion of serial visible on my two mavics below and if you have a trash can or Anatel logo.

upload_2017-3-5_12-57-51.png
28 Sep 2016

upload_2017-3-5_12-58-21.png
1 Dec 2016

So post or PM

1) Serial number snippet XXXY (example 08QDDC10 or just DC10 if you prefer.) =
2) Trashcan or Anatel logo on label (T or A) =
3) Did you buy the Fly More Combo (Y or N) =
4) I have opened my Mavic (Y or N) =
5) If Yes to Q4 , were the wires twisted (Y or N) =

Example responses

1 = DC10
2 =T
3 = Y
4 = N
5 =

1 = DA7A
2 =A
3 = N
4 = Y
5 = Y

Just cut and paste this if you wish...

1 =
2 =
3 =
4 =
5 =

TIA...

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-5_12-54-35.png
    upload_2017-3-5_12-54-35.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 61
  • upload_2017-3-5_12-54-45.png
    upload_2017-3-5_12-54-45.png
    118 KB · Views: 60
So if you are interested in helping decode this, please either post or PM me characters 5,6,7 & 8 from your serial number & answer a couple of Questions. It should help us to sort this out.

View attachment 7706

Post digits 5 to 8 of your serial number which tells me build date & variation. This does not divulge your serial as I do not need the last 3 characters (z z z) which give a unique sequence number on each date. Just the portion of serial visible on my two mavics below and if you have a trash can or Anatel logo.

View attachment 7709
28 Sep 2016

View attachment 7710
1 Dec 2016

So post or PM

1) Serial number snippet XXXY (example 08QDDC10 or just DC10 if you prefer.) =
2) Trashcan or Anatel logo on label (T or A) =
3) Did you buy the Fly More Combo (Y or N) =
4) I have opened my Mavic (Y or N) =
5) If Yes to Q4 , were the wires twisted (Y or N) =

Example responses

1 = DC10