DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Thanks PT_Mavic. Took the MP out for its first flight this morning on rolled back 3.0700. Flew great. Video looks excellent and all the features I tried worked fine. Will be doing the same rollback for a buddy on Friday afternoon who's been prevented from videoing his house on a lake. Hope to do his in a couple of hours instead of 4 days.

Next step for me is to mod the FW to get Quick Shots without the restrictions and to go in and set parameters from within Assistant2. Starting to enjoy this. Thanks for your help and all the others here........ R

Thanks PT_Mavic. Took the MP out for its first flight this morning on rolled back 3.0700. Flew great. Video looks excellent and all the features I tried worked fine. Will be doing the same rollback for a buddy on Friday afternoon who's been prevented from videoing his house on a lake. Hope to do his in a couple of hours instead of 4 days.

Next step for me is to mod the FW to get Quick Shots without the restrictions and to go in and set parameters from within Assistant2. Starting to enjoy this. Thanks for your help and all the others here........ R

Welcome to the Club of Happy Pilots Who Escaped DJI Jail! Thumbswayup:D

Only four days? Pfffffttt. Took me about two weeks to track down and fix the problem connecting. So I'm either a persistent studly guy or a moron. Jury's out.

Note that mixing up the special sauce to enable QuickShots and parameter changes will cause you to lose Precision Landing. Yeah, go figger. You don't lose RTH, of course, but your Mavic won't find its way back to within a couple inches anymore. So, for now you have to choose which is more important to you; research into getting all the goodies into one special mixture is ongoing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RevInstant
Only four days? Pfffffttt. Took me about two weeks to track down and fix the problem connecting. So I'm either a persistent studly guy or a moron. Jury's out.

Note that mixing up the special sauce to enable QuickShots and parameter changes will cause you to lose Precision Landing. Yeah, go figger. You don't lose RTH, of course, but your Mavic won't find its way back to within a couple inches anymore. So, for now you have to choose which is more important to you; research into getting all the goodies into one special mixture is ongoing.

Out of curiousity. Is there a list of firmware/features that show what you're getting into with each downgrade?

Reactions: fileophile
I read the thread but want to clarify: My mavic is manufactured from april 2017. So well before the august deadline people were mentioning. Only thing is I didn't realize about the restriction issues and I upgraded firmware to the lastest 4.100. Anyway to reset my firmware to 3.0700?

Out of curiousity. Is there a list of firmware/features that show what you're getting into with each downgrade?

There are lists, but they are scattered across the Internet. It would be really cool if a sticky thread could be developed by one of the modding experts such that new folks courageous enough to risk bricking their new $1000+ toy could have a confirmed explanation of what you get when you mod. Something like:

Mavic Pro drone:
Use 1.3.0400 firmware modules 305 and 306 to remove height restriction and NFZ restriction.
Use 1.3.0700 firmware module 905 to get ???
Fly using 1.3.0800 (minus modules 305, 306, and 905) to get better camera support

Mavic Pro Platinum:
Install internal SD card
Use 1.3.0400 firmware modules 305 and 306 to remove height restriction and NFZ restriction.
Fly using 1.4.000 (minus modules 305, 306, and 905) to get better camera support AND new ESC motor support

Mavic RC:
Use same firmware as drone

DJI GO 4 app:
On Android: use 4.1.14 modded per *this page* (link)

On iOS: Use 4.1.3 modded per *this page* (link)

DJI Assistent 1.2.1 in debug mode described at *this page* (link)

If you follow the guidance above here are the options you will have available over and above stock:

And you will lose these features:

1. Precision RTH

Anyone know how to determine the iTunes ID number of an app you already have in possession? Someone I know had an old copy of hangar 360 and I want to use the Charles process to download the previous version.

Ok, now, after reading all these posts... I'm on 01.04.0000 and my MP has the internal SD card installed (because the build date is on April 2017)
So I can downgrade to 01.03.0700 without performing any mod and without loosing active track and precision landing.
Is this right?

Thanks

There are lists, but they are scattered across the Internet. It would be really cool if a sticky thread could be developed by one of the modding experts such that new folks courageous enough to risk bricking their new $1000+ toy could have a confirmed explanation of what you get when you mod. Something like:

Mavic Pro drone:
Fly using 1.3.0800 (minus modules 305, 306, and 905) to get better camera support

Mavic Pro Platinum:
Install internal SD card
Fly using 1.4.000 (minus modules 305, 306, and 905) to get better camera support AND new ESC motor support

Mavic RC:
Use same firmware as drone

DJI GO 4 app:
On Android: use 4.1.14 modded per *this page* (link)

On iOS: Use 4.1.3 modded per *this page* (link)

DJI Assistent 1.2.1 in debug mode described at *this page* (link)

If you follow the guidance above here are the options you will have available over and above stock:

And you will lose these features:

1. Precision RTH

Yeah lol. That’s exactly what I was hoping for

But I’ll just put the footwork into researching them. Everyone seems to use .700 so that’s feels as good a launching pad as any.

The thing I need to figure out after that is the iOS hacked version of Go. Tempted to order that wundertablet and be done with it but I love the screen on my X.

Everyone seems to use .700 so that’s feels as good a launching pad as any.
I'm on .700 and many of us on the other forum are as well; it accepts any parameter mods and is full-featured and stable. A well-accepted version for many, if not a plurality.

I'm looking into moving up, slightly, to see if I can implement three things:
- Improved 1080p/60fps video (I think my Mavic was built after the date when new camera hardware was supposedly put into production)
- Smoother Goggles headtracking
- QuickShots, just for fun

At the moment, it appears that to get all those I have to give up Precision Landing, which I'm not inclined to do, so I'm sitting tight and watching while research continues to see if I can have it all.

At the moment, it appears that to get all those I have to give up Precision Landing, which I'm not inclined to do, so I'm sitting tight and watching while research continues to see if I can have it all.

.900 + 1.4.0000- works great, Precision RTH, Quickshots, everything. Except you can't disable NFZs.

.900 + 1.4.0000- works great, Precision RTH, Quickshots, everything. Except you can't disable NFZs.

Ok. This might sound stupid but I keep seeing people mention quick shots and didn’t get to fly my last Mavic long enough to know what exactly it is? I used the pano feature a few times. I assume it’s just another camera mode?

@PT: Is there any consensus on when newer camera hardware was implemented?

Edit: Not sure why I didn’t just google the quick shot in the first place lol. Those are pretty cool! I think I tried the Dronie once. Definitely hope those find a way into the modable firmware with NFZ removal since that’s my priority at the moment.

Ok. This might sound stupid but I keep seeing people mention quick shots and didn’t get to fly my last Mavic long enough to know what exactly it is? I used the pano feature a few times. I assume it’s just another camera mode?

@PT: Is there any consensus on when newer camera hardware was implemented?

Edit: Not sure why I didn’t just google the quick shot in the first place lol. Those are pretty cool! I think I tried the Dronie once. Definitely hope those find a way into the modable firmware with NFZ removal since that’s my priority at the moment.
It is possible to have Quickshots, NFZ removal and good 1080/60 if you have the right model and have not updated to 01.04.0100. You apparently lose precision landing though.

It is possible to have Quickshots, NFZ removal and good 1080/60 if you have the right model and have not updated to 01.04.0100. You apparently lose precision landing though.

I suppose the only way to know about the camera is to test it out? There aren’t any other identifying markers?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21