DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

hey guys,how can I tell if mavic has internal sd card,my eyes are getting sore hunting,lol
Try downgrading to any fw below 1.3.1000, is mavic has no warnings after it has a card, if you get warnings then it hasn't

So far all platinums & Alpine haven't got one and original they removed it sometime between mid August and 15th September

Reactions: teslar
Try downgrading to any fw below 1.3.1000, is mavic has no warnings after it has a card, if you get warnings then it hasn't

So far all platinums & Alpine haven't got one and original they removed it sometime between mid August and 15th September
so if I roll back to 700 and it says update NFZ it has no card?

Nothing to do with NFZ, it would refuse to start the motors mentioning a data logging error.

Checked the date on mine. It was built on April 25, 2017. Seems I have hit the sweet spot to have camera hardware to fix 1080/60 and still have the SD card inside so I can roll back firmware. I have been able to confirm both of these.

Guys, quick question for those who own Spark (I know there's a separate forum, but it requires yet another sign up... ugh) - is .800 rollbackable by using Dumldore/DroneZbreak? I'm on .600 on my new Spark, want to check if I like .800 or not, but want to be safe and rollback if I don't like it.

Yes rollback still possible

Open the cfg file with a text editor if you want to check yourself

If the antirollback number hasn't increased then its fine

Mavic cfg as an example

antirollback="2"

Screenshot_20171218-213532.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Just to share my "rakes" so you don't step on the same ones:

When doing 305&306 removal, I was puzzled by these modded .bin files not showing in Dumldore. I thought, 7zip either saves them incorrectly, or Dumldore does some checksum check. Duh! It turns out that because I was naming these modded files smth like V01.00.0800_Spark_dji_system_Sans_305_306.bin, it won't see it because in file open dialog, it has a mask *_dji_system - the file name MUST end with _dji_system to match the mask, my naming convention did not match. Duh! Duh! Duh! (If Dumldore developer reads this, or somebody can let him know, please let the mask simply be *.bin.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffmark and vtcats
Could someone sum up what all this internal sd card talk is about and why it's relevant?

Thanks!

Could someone sum up what all this internal sd card talk is about and why it's relevant?

Thanks!

If your Mavic is Platinum, Alpine, or Pro made in September or later, it won't have an internal SD card that allows rolling back FW. You'll need to open the case (voids warranty) to insert your own card. But if your FW is 1.4.0100, you're SOL regardless of the card.

Reactions: Youser and rickw

Thanks!
The internal SD card used to store the flight logs incase of major crash data would still be available, since 01.03.1000 they now store the flight logs on internal memory for security which means if you crash and the PCB breaks then data is likely lost / damaged
As the card is no longer used they stopped fitting them which means only the internal memory is available so using fw before 01.03.1000 is not possible

Just to share my "rakes" so you don't step on the same ones:

When doing 305&306 removal, I was puzzled by these modded .bin files not showing in Dumldore. I thought, 7zip either saves them incorrectly, or Dumldore does some checksum check. Duh! It turns out that because I was naming these modded files smth like V01.00.0800_Spark_dji_system_Sans_305_306.bin, it won't see it because in file open dialog, it has a mask *_dji_system - the file name MUST end with _dji_system to match the mask, my naming convention did not match. Duh! Duh! Duh! (If Dumldore developer reads this, or somebody can let him know, please let the mask simply be *.bin.)
I had same thing happen to me when I first modded. Took me a few minutes to figure out why I couldn’t see it. I like to label things. I’m sure we haven’t been the only ones.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar