DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

The internal SD card used to store the flight logs incase of major crash data would still be available, since 01.03.1000 they now store the flight logs on internal memory for security which means if you crash and the PCB breaks then data is likely lost / damaged
As the card is no longer used they stopped fitting them which means only the internal memory is available so using fw before 01.03.1000 is not possible

So with these newer Mavics, if you crash and break the board, theres no way of proving if you are at fault or if it was a faulty drone?

DJI are always asking for these logs for warranty claims, right?

So with these newer Mavics, if you crash and break the board, theres no way of proving if you are at fault or if it was a faulty drone?

DJI are always asking for these logs for warranty claims, right?
Yep they always ask for logs
If the board breaks in a crash they will now have to try removing the ic off a mangled board and hope it still works after desoldering and remounting it to read the contents
Obviously taking a card out of a reader and put it in a computer is a lot easier and reliable

But by this change they stop rollback for parameter change and stop direct access to the logs, now to view logs you have to upload them to dji then download them so they have access to all the logs you want to view

Yep they always ask for logs
If the board breaks in a crash they will now have to try removing the ic off a mangled board and hope it still works after desoldering and remounting it to read the contents
Obviously taking a card out of a reader and put it in a computer is a lot easier and reliable

But by this change they stop rollback for parameter change and stop direct access to the logs, now to view logs you have to upload them to dji then download them so they have access to all the logs you want to view

I want to unlike your post ;)

So.

Everything is successful. Did the maiden flight yesterday in the Springfield, VA area and I got the popup asking me to verify I'm responsible and from there it went like butter.

Incredibly fast, almost scarily so, butter.

I wanted to get the consensus of the crowd for something I was slightly concerned about. I was getting an unusual amount of drift and "drop" with .700 and modifier parameters. The only other FW I've flown on was the most current one on the last Mavic I had and that thing was as steady as a rock. Is this normal? I had a few instances where I had it hovering about 8 feet off the ground and it would slowly lower to enough height so trigger the sensors and have it float there.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Thought this may help, I pulled this report from the crash of dumldore when I try to close it after the ftp fails.

Hopefully this will shed some light onto the possible cause of the upload failures, and possibly the USB disconnects during the process (which I believe it's the actual cause of the problem).

Oddly enough, no one else has had the issue where all the USB disconnect and won't reconnect until the PC is rebooted.

Thank you everyone for your help

Attachments

• crash report.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Just to share my "rakes" so you don't step on the same ones:

When doing 305&306 removal, I was puzzled by these modded .bin files not showing in Dumldore. I thought, 7zip either saves them incorrectly, or Dumldore does some checksum check. Duh! It turns out that because I was naming these modded files smth like V01.00.0800_Spark_dji_system_Sans_305_306.bin, it won't see it because in file open dialog, it has a mask *_dji_system - the file name MUST end with _dji_system to match the mask, my naming convention did not match. Duh! Duh! Duh! (If Dumldore developer reads this, or somebody can let him know, please let the mask simply be *.bin.)
No. It’s actually saved a lot of people. You simply type *.bin in the filename box and hit enter like most programs that filter filenames if your breaking the standard naming convention.
This naming is because other software specifically needs it to be named the same as it is factory uploaded to the device (dji_system.bin). DUMLdore just renames it for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Thought this may help, I pulled this report from the crash of dumldore when I try to close it after the ftp fails.

Hopefully this will shed some light onto the possible cause of the upload failures, and possibly the USB disconnects during the process (which I believe it's the actual cause of the problem).

Oddly enough, no one else has had the issue where all the USB disconnect and won't reconnect until the PC is rebooted.

Thank you everyone for your helpView attachment 27091
Check your drivers and USB cable, DUMLdore does not handle any of the low level access to the virtual COM port or RNDIS drivers. Those are Windows and DJI.

The error is because it couldn’t close a COM port that wasn’t there

Check your drivers and USB cable, DUMLdore does not handle any of the low level access to the virtual COM port or RNDIS drivers. Those are Windows and DJI.

The error is because it couldn’t close a COM port that wasn’t there

Thanks jezzab.

I've checked the drivers. I'll try another cable just in case. Using the same cable on another PC worked before.

Where would be a good place to start short of the cable and drivers?

You mentioned windows and DJI. I was thinking alright just remove assistant for now, but remembered dumldore utilizes some of DJI files for flashing. So that doesn't. I can look into windows USB virtual keys, maybe causing the issue. Removing those would cause mass headache but maybe I can disable them temporarily

DUMLdore doesn't use any DJI drivers for anything directly. It connects to the Virtual COM port and it connects to the FTP server on the AC (ftp://192.168.42.2) both are supplied by Windows. DUMLdore does this (as does Asst2):

-Tells AC/RC a file is going to be sent to it over ftp (send this message over the COM port)
-Uploads to the AC/RC the firmware file you loaded via FTP
-Send over COM port that its sent the file and the AC/RC can begin upgrading

After that, its ALL up to the AC/RC.

Use the supplied DJI USB cable

BTW if you are on the latest FW 1.4.0100, it wont work. That FW is not supported

Last edited:
DUMLdore doesn't use any DJI drivers for anything directly. It connects to the Virtual COM port and it connects to the FTP server on the AC (ftp://192.168.42.2) both are supplied by Windows. DUMLdore does this (as does Asst2):

-Tells AC/RC a file is going to be sent to it over ftp (send this message over the COM port)
-Uploads to the AC/RC the firmware file you loaded via FTP
-Send over COM port that its sent the file and the AC/RC can begin upgrading

After that, its ALL up to the AC/RC.

Use the supplied DJI USB cable

BTW if you are on the latest FW 1.4.0100, it wont work. That FW is not supported

Roger that, I'll try out DJI cable instead. Thank you jezzab.

Nah, currently on .700. flashed down from 4.000 when DJI returned my bird on that other PC that I was testing. Couldn't believe they didn't update it to .0100.

I Upgrade the Magic wenn its came....at this Time i didnt know that there is no rollback possible.

Try writing to DJI. Tell them you updated hoping that you will like the result but you don't, it's unstable, etc., and that you want to return your Mavic to exact condition as when you bought it. See what they say. Who knows, maybe they will tell you some secret "easter egg" procedure to rollback, which will make many 1.4.0100-ers happy again.

No. It’s actually saved a lot of people. You simply type *.bin in the filename box and hit enter like most programs that filter filenames if your breaking the standard naming convention.
This naming is because other software specifically needs it to be named the same as it is factory uploaded to the device (dji_system.bin). DUMLdore just renames it for you

Cool. But can you include "All (*.*)" mask as well? Frankly, even though I'm a Windows user/programmer of many years, I didn't know I could just type *.* in the filename box in Open dialog to show all files.

Tried the DJI cable, same issue. Found a second rdnis, removed it. No change. Funny, the progress bar made it half way this time. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I guess that's progress. Ah FML. Lol the dumbest ****, yet becomes intriguing to figure out and solve

Last edited:
Just a word of advice. Even if your happy on your current version you should consider making a backup of your current firmware just in case you need it. The process carries no risk. It either backups or it does not. There is No chance of bricking your mavic.
Newbie here. Please remind me how to back up my current version of both the app and the firmware. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk