DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Thanks! I'm not sure how to check that? I'm using a USB cord and it seems like DJI assistant can communicate fine with the drone. I may try to just boot into windows with boot camp and try the Windows software.
S

Make sure you can ftp to: ftp://192.168.42.2
If you cant, its a driver/network problem.

Thanks! I'm not sure how to check that? I'm using a USB cord and it seems like DJI assistant can communicate fine with the drone. I may try to just boot into windows with boot camp and try the Windows software.
S

Follow this for guidance

Thanks! I could already access the drone via the FTP address in a browser, but I did that, and I can stll access the drone through the FTP link listed in a browser. Assistant 2 works fine communicating with the drone, but both DUMLdore and the OSX program are still timing out. DUMLdore won't backup with the time-out error telling me to check FTP connectivity (but the FTP connectivity is fine). Suggestions? thanks for all the help, guys!
Stephen

Follow this for guidance

I am new to the hobby, and I will be receiving my Mavic Pro drone today. If I am required to update the firmware on this refurbished drone, what is the most reliable version I should install?

I am new to the hobby, and I will be receiving my Mavic Pro drone today. If I am required to update the firmware on this refurbished drone, what is the most reliable version I should install?

Not required, but if you are not modifying the drone then advisable. I am running 01.04.0100 without issue, but did just update to the new one 01.04.0200 this morning, raining so i cant fly and test.

Not required, but if you are not modifying the drone then advisable. I am running 01.04.0100 without issue, but did just update to the new one 01.04.0200 this morning, raining so i cant fly and test.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will not be modifying my new drone. I just want to make sure I have good firmware so I can learn how to fly the drone without any problems. It is my understanding that I will be prompted to upgrade the firmware, and I can ignore that prompt. However, if I delay the firware update, will I see the prompt every time I wish to fly?

I did install the latest version of DJI Go 4 on my android phone; it is version 4.1.22.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will not be modifying my new drone. I just want to make sure I have good firmware so I can learn how to fly the drone without any problems. It is my understanding that I will be prompted to upgrade the firmware, and I can ignore that prompt. However, if I delay the firware update, will I see the prompt every time I wish to fly?

I did install the latest version of DJI Go 4 on my android phone; it is version 4.1.22.
I'd personally update, maybe wait for someone to confirm no game ending issues.

I do plan to update the firmware. I have seen people recommend the .0400, and even the .0900 versions of the firmware. Will I be losing any features if I install the .0100 version of the firmware?

Whilst im here, I downgraded to 01.04.0000 on the Mavic, do I need to flash the remote to the same version, if so how is it done?

Whilst im here, I downgraded to 01.04.0000 on the Mavic, do I need to flash the remote to the same version, if so how is it done?
Connect ur RC(power off) to the computer using the side connection(RC), launch Assistant2, then power on ur RC, after RC detected, same process as upgrading/downgrading AC.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Connect ur RC(power off) to the computer using the side connection(RC), launch Assistant2, then power on ur RC, after RC detected, same process as upgrading/downgrading AC.

Tried that, I used Dumbldore to send the file , it send the file, the RC flashes upgrading and then it does nothing, and the assistant shows nothing happening.

Last edited:
Tried that, I used Dumbldore to send the file , it send the file, the RC flashes upgrading and then it does nothing, and the assistant shows nothing happening.
The flashing process is pretty quick on the rc, could be finished before get DJI booted up.

Does the firmware show any change?

It does no beeps or anything visible besides the "UPGRADING" on the screen but that doesn't mean it's not doing anything. Just let it do it's thing for 5 minutes or so.

The flashing process is pretty quick on the rc, could be finished before get DJI booted up.

Does the firmware show any change?

Ive done it, I didnt realise that you had to do the Anti Rollback on the RC as well, once I chose to do that the downgrade went through fine

Reactions: Borntofly
Thanks! I could already access the drone via the FTP address in a browser, but I did that, and I can stll access the drone through the FTP link listed in a browser. Assistant 2 works fine communicating with the drone, but both DUMLdore and the OSX program are still timing out. DUMLdore won't backup with the time-out error telling me to check FTP connectivity (but the FTP connectivity is fine). Suggestions? thanks for all the help, guys!
Stephen

You cant backup the latest version 01.04.0100 so that may be why your getting the time out

How many of you guys have done the GPS + and Sports + changes from digdat. There was some talk about maybe changing the descent velocity too much may cause loss of control. Anyone have any experience with the GPS+ and Sport+ changes?

Ive done them all, and ive had no issues with coming down like a brick from a plane lol

If anyone is still struggling with getting Dumbldore to crack the firmware anti rollback then Ive done a video showing how to use the JAR file produced by Jcase

Reactions: #28 and Tommytucka
yeh but i get warnings on the sport plus mode that is the battery is overcurrent and that max rotor speed so i adjusted the settings to 20% less for vert max and acc up max and i get 18 miles an hr instead of 20 mph vert speed up. The vert down and acc down i kept the same and I get 13 mph down. I also changed max speed to 20% less so i get 40 mph instead of 50 mph. still fast enough but safe now without any battery or rotor issues.

Reactions: Pointbob
yeh but i get warnings on the sport plus mode that is the battery is overcurrent and that max rotor speed so i adjusted the settings to 20% less for vert max and acc up max and i get 18 miles an hr instead of 20 mph vert speed up. The vert down and acc down i kept the same and I get 13 mph down. I also changed max speed to 20% less so i get 40 mph instead of 50 mph. still fast enough but safe now without any battery or rotor issues.
Is that a big deal getting max rotor speed warnings?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev