DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Big Thanks to You Jcase, since you mostly mod phones, any way to unlock our WUNDERPHONES?? It's a Huaweird Ascend XT2, a lot of people here using them in offline mode only. Unlocking it would the icing on the cake ☺

The days of me publicly posting bootloader 0days is long gone. It isn't as quick and easy as it used to be, its serious research and work now. The time/money investment is only warranted if there is a market and demand, and unfortunately I dont think there is for that model.

@jcase is that the DOS based version if so I may be tempted to reupgrade and see how it performs

It is a command line tool.

To get nitpicky, it is not dos compatible, but would work in windows, linux and osx. It should work on android too if you recompile it as a dex.

Well, Your problem seem to be diffrent - PC/Software related. If You can refresh the firmware thru DJI Assistant, and all is ok, then hardware issue is out od suspect. So the only thing left is a software problem - no easy fix there, reinstall of OS may help (if You don't know how to R&D this probblem)... the simplest way is to try on ther PC/Laptop and see what changed.

It seems there's an issue with dumldore and the laptop, unable to maintain the either long enough or properly to allow the upload to complete. Not blaming dumldore, but there is an issue where during the upload process it must be getting interrupted, where as assistant seems to keep the ftp locked in and doesn't allow for outside interruptions. How best to diagnose this, not quite sure at the moment. When you say reinstall Windows, are you talking about a refresh as in "repair" or completely destroy all content on the HDD and start fresh? That wouldn't be possible in this case as it's my tuning laptop and ya we'll just leave it at that. Hahaha. Wayyyyy too much blood and sweat into everything invested on this thing to start over. If I can avoid that ofc. I'd rather source the issue as it may help others as well. As for another PC, I've used a desktop, while it's an older build PC, it flashed no issue. I did exactly as you mentioned, find another with almost same equip, while that's not exactly possible atm, I tried my PC and it works, so I checked into the drivers version, framework version, rdnis version, all the same. I've tried dropping the antivirus and firewalls, still the same.

When my bro is back in town, I'll bum his laptop and give it a go, his is the same as mine, but he's been gone for a few months so had not access to his.

That being said, I've noticed watching the resource manager and linked dumldore while it's doing it's thing, once it begins to upload, at some point the transfer of information begins to slow and fall off, which then it no longer is responding and stalls. I'm trying to find a way to locate the interruption in order to eliminate it from the equation.

My goal is to figure this out in order to help anyone else who encounters a similar situation where the normal fix doesn't work for them. Thanks to everyone who helped with ideas and other methods to test and figure this out. This is what being a community is about. We do the same in our tuning community as well. One guy has a hiccup in his fuel mixture or bump or drop in his boost, we all go over the logs to and tuned file to figure out where the possible complication is and fix it.

I'll give the dos method a try. I'm not super familiar with that, however I have some minor experience with it. See how it goes and I'll report back. Need to go read up on how to properly run it.

Thank you everyone. Oh and Happy Sunday
Yikes thats a hell of a novel.

It seems there's an issue with dumldore and the laptop, unable to maintain the either long enough or properly to allow the upload to complete. Not blaming dumldore, but there is an issue where during the upload process it must be getting interrupted, where as assistant seems to keep the ftp locked in and doesn't allow for outside interruptions. How best to diagnose this, not quite sure at the moment. When you say reinstall Windows, are you talking about a refresh as in "repair" or completely destroy all content on the HDD and start fresh? That wouldn't be possible in this case as it's my tuning laptop and ya we'll just leave it at that. Hahaha. Wayyyyy too much blood and sweat into everything invested on this thing to start over. If I can avoid that ofc. I'd rather source the issue as it may help others as well. As for another PC, I've used a desktop, while it's an older build PC, it flashed no issue. I did exactly as you mentioned, find another with almost same equip, while that's not exactly possible atm, I tried my PC and it works, so I checked into the drivers version, framework version, rdnis version, all the same. I've tried dropping the antivirus and firewalls, still the same.

When my bro is back in town, I'll bum his laptop and give it a go, his is the same as mine, but he's been gone for a few months so had not access to his.

That being said, I've noticed watching the resource manager and linked dumldore while it's doing it's thing, once it begins to upload, at some point the transfer of information begins to slow and fall off, which then it no longer is responding and stalls. I'm trying to find a way to locate the interruption in order to eliminate it from the equation.

My goal is to figure this out in order to help anyone else who encounters a similar situation where the normal fix doesn't work for them. Thanks to everyone who helped with ideas and other methods to test and figure this out. This is what being a community is about. We do the same in our tuning community as well. One guy has a hiccup in his fuel mixture or bump or drop in his boost, we all go over the logs to and tuned file to figure out where the possible complication is and fix it.

I'll give the dos method a try. I'm not super familiar with that, however I have some minor experience with it. See how it goes and I'll report back. Need to go read up on how to properly run it.

Thank you everyone. Oh and Happy Sunday
Yikes thats a **** of a novel.

Try the latest build of DUMLRacer

java -jar DUMLRacer.jar AC

Reactions: Borntofly
Try the latest build of DUMLRacer

java -jar DUMLRacer.jar AC
Holyshit.... Alright so here it is. I ran DumlRacer 1.1 ( wasn't aware it had just been updated, downloaded late last night.) It ran through race 1, got to race 2 and sat at "Race 2 has started", red LEDs were off. No response for ten +minutes. In that time I read jcase mentioned he'd updated DumlRacer earlier. I didn't have that recent update. So I let it run. Nothing happened so I closed it down and restarted DumlRacer 1.4 now. It ran through race 2 wasn't sure it was working until it began to show the dots and shortly completed it's task.

Afterwards I tried Dumldore and reflashed the same version currently on the bird from last night, 4.0000, unsure of the outcome, the progress bar made it all the way, and finally uploaded fully, kicked over to flashing firmware and flashing LEDs, then I closed dumldore, followed with opening DJI for progress and there it was, in all its Glory .... " UPDATING" lmao

Now it's complete. I'll try downgrading shortly.

I found at the completion of DumlRacer, the bird disconnected and reconnected, then DJI driver began to search for install. It failed windows normal search. And instead of directing it to the DJI folder to install. I left it as is. Figured, try without first and see what happens. Clearly it worked. Also, I confirmed I "still" had connection via the ports because I went into device manager to see if those were deleted somehow after DumlRacer, being it was trying to reinstall when it still had it. Odd.

Huge thanks to jcase for his hard work, Jezzab for his hard work, Haloweenhamster for his recommendations, rjanumpally for his help and recommendations, digdat0 for his vids.

The flash also went fairly quick, four minutes to flash to 100%. Nice.

I'll give the downgrade to .700 a try now with dumldore again.

Bam!, uploaded .700 just fine (sketched me out a lil bit when it slowed down hahaha). Now began updating (downgrading)...

Fantastic!

Please provide a link to download dumlracer 1.4 so people can get it. thanks also i just download the jezzab package which was just dumledore how do u implant dumlracer into that?

Just looked at github 1.1.1 is the latest, only difference yo 1.1 is goggles support

Root didn't work for me, had to use DUMLdore to root, don't need it just testing

Just looked at github 1.1.1 is the latest, only difference yo 1.1 is goggles support

Root didn't work for me, had to use DUMLdore to root, don't need it just testing

There root may be most stable on 01.04.0100, the downgrade. It also may take a couple minutes to trigger after reboot. The downgrade should be fast and work on any firmware.

Please provide a link to download dumlracer 1.4 so people can get it. thanks also i just download the jezzab package which was just dumledore how do u implant dumlracer into that?
My apologies, I looked at it wrong. It's currently at 1.1.1.

I actually didn't use root feature. TBH, I didn't need to run DumlRacer, as I've never updated to 4.1000. so no lock out. But as I wasn't moving forward otherwise, figure well gotta try it.

That said, jcase has worked in the magic, it allowed the upload to sail by uninterrupted. I believe there was some sort of corruption within the bird itself which is what caused the issues to begin with. Wish there was a way jcase or Jezzab could see what the cause was via logs that way we could definitely zero in on the true culprit.

I seriously hope no one else has my problem. But if they do, hopefully the DumlRacer will clear it up and dumldore will then get them flashed correctly.

My apologies, I looked at it wrong. It's currently at 1.1.1.I actually didn't use root feature. TBH, I didn't need to run DumlRacer, as I've never updated to 4.1000. so no lock out. But as I wasn't moving forward otherwise, figure well gotta try it.

That said, jcase has worked in the magic, it allowed the upload to sail by uninterrupted. I believe there was some sort of corruption within the bird itself which is what caused the issues to begin with. Wish there was a way jcase or Jezzab could see what the cause was via logs that way we could definitely zero in on the true culprit.

I seriously hope no one else has my problem. But if they do, hopefully the DumlRacer will clear it up and dumldore will then get them flashed correctly.

does it boot still?

does it boot still?
Oh absolutely. Bird boots up just fine. When DumlRacer finished, as you set it, it asked if I wanted to root with ahb (that's probably wrong) or downgrade with instructions of what to do with either. I simply closed off cmd, ran Dumldore and selected 4.0000, selected "NO" on anti roll back, uploaded, then went on to flashing. From there I watched it completed at 100% via assistant after closing Dumldore.

After all that, I went back into Dumldore to downgrade further to .700, again "NO" on anti roll back, uploaded and flashed perfectly.

added to repo, look at UNINSTALL.md
Being I'm not fully familiar with Java, how would I run UNINSTALL.md? Or read, not even sure what .md is. [emoji848] Hahaha

Same way as Java -jar kinda? See told ya idk.

Being I'm not fully familiar with Java, how would I run UNINSTALL.md? Or read, not even sure what .md is. [emoji848] Hahaha

Same way as Java -jar kinda? See told ya idk.

It is a text file of commands you need to run.

Oh absolutely. Bird boots up just fine. When DumlRacer finished, as you set it, it asked if I wanted to root with ahb (that's probably wrong) or downgrade with instructions of what to do with either. I simply closed off cmd, ran Dumldore and selected 4.0000, selected "NO" on anti roll back, uploaded, then went on to flashing. From there I watched it completed at 100% via assistant after closing Dumldore.

After all that, I went back into Dumldore to downgrade further to .700, again "NO" on anti roll back, uploaded and flashed perfectly.
Ask if wanted root?

Mine

AC Mode

Choose target port: (* suggested port)
[1] COM4 : USB Serial Device (COM4)
[E] Exit
Choose port: 1
Using Port: COM4
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 1
Exploiting
Race 1 has started
You won race one, taking a breather for 10 seconds
You feel great, like you could race again!
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 2
Exploiting
Race 2 has started
You are in the lead!
Looks like you won!.
Reboot the target device. and try using adb (for root) or downgrading.

C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached

List of devices attached

C:\>

After DUMLdore

List of devices attached
sendboozetojcase device

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads