DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Click download and then as Zip and then extract the zip files into a folder

Do I have to mess with “network settings?” As mentioned in an earlier post?

I personally didn't have to set the IP address as you can see in my picture its set to auto

If you are interested in the alt restriction I'd recommend 1.3.900

Hello All!

Making story short; I'v got DJI Mavic, and I'm a happy user... until recently. I know that DJI software R&D sucks, but seriously? Firmware and software is f****d up this time?!
I updated to V01.04.0100 and Android GO 4.1.18... video lag like hell (also on iOS), WTF?! So...
...I'v downgraded GO to 4.1.10, and was a bit better, so I wanted to downgrade firmware to V01.04.0000... well acording to DJI; I shoudl wait till they solve problems and update FW and APP... seriously?!?

I lost 4 hours to downgrade FW (DJI shoud pay me for wasted time). Thank You Guys for making it possible to roll back a FW when DJI said **** you dear client.

People stil having problems with this metod (took me 4h), so I'll write how I did this (Windows 10).
1. Download software and firmware as in tutorial videos, make sure You download all files of DUMLdore.
2. Use only DJI Assistant 1.1.2 not new versions.
3. Turn off Your Firewall and Antivirus software.
4. Power-on Mavic, connect to PC and start DJI Assistant, go to FIRMWARE and use REFRESH firmware option, after FW refresh use RESTORE DEFAULTS. After that close DJI Assistant and power-off Mavic.
5. Power-on Mavic, now You need to set RNIS adaptor to static IP, It's a MUST, even if You can connect to FTP, You must do this! Set IP to 192.168.42.3 and MASK 255.255.255.0, also TURN OFF ALL internet protocols so only IPv4 is checked!
6. Turn off other network adapters if any, beside the internet connection.
7. Go to web browser and open ftp://192.168.42.2 to verify FTP access, leave page open. If ok... go...
8. Start DJI Assistant, go to firmware, refresh list.
9. Start DUMLdore and load V01.04.0000 FW (even if You want to roll-back to eg. .700, downgrade to this first), close DJI Assistant, start flahing in DUMLdore. It took about 7 minutes to go thru step 1 and 2, if You get stuck on step 1 or 2 (You can say that after 10min) just repeat like 10 times, if it's still bad then something is really wrong and You shoudl check all steps.
10. After going thru steps 1 and 2, V01.04.0000 FW will be uploaded, and then installed. Don't open DJI Assistant to monitor progress, just give it 15 mins, power off, power-on and check firmware version.
11. Run DUMLdore to downgrade RC - no problems there.

And this if how You downgrade DJI Mavic firmware V01.04.0100 to V01.04.0000, to be able to fly normally. Easy, isn't it? Thank You DJI...!!! &^%^&%@$*(@$&*)&(@)^*^@%@#$&^*%(*@&&$)$(&@ ...

Anyway, hope it helps. The V01.04.0000 and DJI GO 4.1.10 APP is a good working combo, I'll stop at this.

Good info about updating/downgrading and tips&tricks on DJI Mavic, go and check:
DJI Dashboard - How To tips and tricks *MAVIC* - RC Groups

And to DJI; dear company YOU SUCK BADLY at software R&D, move to Europe with this department, best programmers are there. Also make some effort to test Your product update BEFORE the release...

Regards, Doman.

Hello All!

Making story short; I'v got DJI Mavic, and I'm a happy user... until recently. I know that DJI software R&D sucks, but seriously? Firmware and software is f****d up this time?!
I updated to V01.04.0100 and Android GO 4.1.18... video lag like **** (also on iOS), WTF?! So...
...I'v downgraded GO to 4.1.10, and was a bit better, so I wanted to downgrade firmware to V01.04.0000... well acording to DJI; I shoudl wait till they solve problems and update FW and APP... seriously?!?

I lost 4 hours to downgrade FW (DJI shoud pay me for wasted time). Thank You Guys for making it possible to roll back a FW when DJI said **** you dear client.

People stil having problems with this metod (took me 4h), so I'll write how I did this (Windows 10).
1. Download software and firmware as in tutorial videos, make sure You download all files of DUMLdore.
4. Power-on Mavic, connect to PC and start DJI Assistant, go to FIRMWARE and use REFRESH firmware option, after FW refresh use RESTORE DEFAULTS. After that close DJI Assistant and power-off Mavic.
5. Power-on Mavic, now You need to set RNIS adaptor to static IP, It's a MUST, even if You can connect to FTP, You must do this! Set IP to 192.168.42.3 and MASK 255.255.255.0, also TURN OFF ALL internet protocols so only IPv4 is checked!
7. Go to web browser and open ftp://192.168.42.2 to verify FTP access, leave page open. If ok... go...
9. Start DUMLdore and load V01.04.0000 FW (even if You want to roll-back to eg. .700, downgrade to this first), close DJI Assistant, start flahing in DUMLdore. It took about 7 minutes to go thru step 1 and 2, if You get stuck on step 1 or 2 (You can say that after 10min) just repeat like 10 times, if it's still bad then something is really wrong and You shoudl check all steps.
10. After going thru steps 1 and 2, V01.04.0000 FW will be uploaded, and then installed. Don't open DJI Assistant to monitor progress, just give it 15 mins, power off, power-on and check firmware version.

And this if how You downgrade DJI Mavic firmware V01.04.0100 to V01.04.0000, to be able to fly normally. Easy, isn't it? Thank You DJI...!!! &^%^&%@$*(@$&*)&(@)^*^@%@#$&^*%(*@&&$)$(&@ ...

Anyway, hope it helps. The V01.04.0000 and DJI GO 4.1.10 APP is a good working combo, I'll stop at this.

Good info about updating/downgrading and tips&tricks on DJI Mavic, go and check:

And to DJI; dear company YOU SUCK BADLY at software R&D, move to Europe with this department, best programmers are there. Also make some effort to test Your product update BEFORE the release...

Regards, Doman.
Did you try it with antivirus, firewall & default IP settings?

I don't have to do any of that and disabling security is always my last recommendation and I advice you disconnect from the internet if you do

Its best to try before you start messing with other stuff

Yes I had to run DUMLracer 3 times and DUMLdore downgrade to 700 directly twice but it worked without any of the other stuff

In another thread I did recommend going to 1.4.0000 first but that was due to flashing custom firmware for mixing

I didnt try the disabling of other internet protocols on ndis rnis device but u can disable ipv6 client networks etc. Also antivirus and firewall i did disable. Also maybe worth disabling other network adapters except internet.

Ok so i did a test near santiago peak in rancho santa margarita orange county ca. I was able to do what i needed to do easily but didnt go further i had like 80 percent battery at that point but weirdly coming down took all of the battery because i forgot to turn on intelligent modes and couldnt do sport mode. Also be careful with point of interest mode and active track in 3.700. Active track doesnt work at all. Point of interest works but i kept spinning around in a circle and it wouldnt stop. Luckily i did this at ten feet of the ground and i was able to force land and barely avoided hitting a car not mine which would have been worse. Also i modded the battery non dji so as to not autoland which worked and i was flying until 3 percent battery. But the spinning point of interest happened at five percent battery so im not sure if its the battery issue or point of interest not working with 3.700
If someone can give feedback of what modes work with 3.700 it would be helpful. Now im considering a custom rolled 4.000 or 4.100 but im scared after what i went through to downgrade. Are the custom rolled ok with rollbacks without a defeat.

Last edited:
I updated DUMLRacer, it is much much more reliable, and enables root

Hello All!

I updated to V01.04.0100 and Android GO 4.1.18... video lag like **** (also on iOS), WTF?! So...

Regards, Doman.
I followed this, same results, upload still stalling, anywhere from 2% on up to 75%... Then all usb's disconnect and that's game. Gotta reboot the laptop to get the bird to reconnect to attempt anything else.

My own story, not as long as others, I failed with the Dumbldore tool to remove the downgrade block and instead used the DOS version of the tool, it took a few tries but eventually succeeded where Dumbldore failed.

If your having issues then try the DOS version, look at page 40 of this thread and big ups to HalloweenHamster for the help.

Did you try it with antivirus, firewall & default IP settings? [...]
Yes and it failed at step 1. All firewalls try to be smart, and they block ports and traffic, same as antivirus they try to be smart... so if You do some kinky stuff - turn them off.
And with default IP, it timeouted at step 2 - i have like 5 network cards, routing gets complicated; so You need to leave only IPv4 protocol, only RNIS and internet connection cards, and set a static IP.

I followed this, same results, upload still stalling, anywhere from 2% on up to 75%... Then all usb's disconnect and that's game. Gotta reboot the laptop to get the bird to reconnect to attempt anything else.
Well, Your problem seem to be diffrent - PC/Software related. If You can refresh the firmware thru DJI Assistant, and all is ok, then hardware issue is out od suspect. So the only thing left is a software problem - no easy fix there, reinstall of OS may help (if You don't know how to R&D this probblem)... the simplest way is to try on ther PC/Laptop and see what changed.

I updated DUMLRacer, it is much much more reliable, and enables root

@jcase is that the DOS based version if so I may be tempted to reupgrade and see how it performs

Big Thanks to You Jcase, since you mostly mod phones, any way to unlock our WUNDERPHONES?? It's a Huaweird Ascend XT2, a lot of people here using them in offline mode only. Unlocking it would the icing on the cake ☺

hi guys, I’m going to try downgrading from the latest fw to .4000 today but how do I modify the parameters for height/nfz/speed on that fw? tia

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom